Re: Tips on Cleaning the Slate, Terrazzo Floors and Ceramic Tiles

...Terrazzo floors should not be waxed

>unless they are "sealed." If sealed, they can be waxed if desired. If >your floor has not been sealed,... > >UNGLAZED CERAMIC TELES >(continued at .blogspot.crap

How funny. It figures this rubbish comes from a blog.

I did a small terrazzo job, in an office building, 18 months ago. I sure as hell did not seal it. Every time I spray buff it, it looks nearly new again.

Sealers are for old school folks who haven't kept up with technology, and don't know what they are doing. Disreputable custodial supply salesmen love to see you coming.

Once upon a time, the solids content of floor finish was quite low, and flooring would soak it up. It took a lot of finish and labor to develop a good shine.

These days, a good floor finish is 23% solids, or greater. Sealers are simply no longer needed.

Regarding the term "floor *wax*": didn't that term become virtually obsolete, a few decades back? After all, there's not much "wax" in modern floor finish; is there. :-)

_______________________________ "Some people learn something new every day, others just get 24 hours older."

Reply to
Michael A. Ball