Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Does anyone know what the heck it's made of?

My daughter told me about it and I bought a pack today. I had a nasty red mark (lipstick/lip pencil? Dunno.) on a bathroom wall and this thing took it off! I'd tried a couple other cleaners (409, Windex, Fantastik) to no solution. I'm really impressed but would sure like to know what the heck it is!

Reply to
Melba's Jammin'

I agree... they are amazing!!! It took off some melted plastic bag (bread bag) stuck to a toaster.. i even used steel wool on it before, as well as all kinds of cleaners!!

Amy

Reply to
Amy

The picture in the link looked like what I call a chemical dry sponge. They have been sold for years in paint stores. I use them for cleaning everything from upholstery and fabric wall covering to walls. The ones that I use are like big rubber erasers and you can use them dry or wet. Here is a link to the kind that I use:

I don't know what they are made from, but it seems to be some latex with a fine abrasive powder mixed in. They seem to have a natural division down the middle. You can pull them apart or slice them to make two out of one if you are thrifty like me. I had a kitchen fire last year an I used them to clean smoke off delicate surfaces that I couldn't wet.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Interesting. Thanks for your reply. I found all kinds of things to clean up last night -- to the extent that I've already used one up and tossed it. I wonder if it'll decompose in a landfill?

Reply to
Melba's Jammin'

Probably not in our lifetime!

Reply to