Grip Liner?

Hi all. I've got a lot of that bumpy grip liner cloth that's sold in kitchen & hardware stores. I originally used it for office equipment, bookshelves, etc.

I'd like to use it for lining my kitchen drawers and shelves, among other things, but I'm not sure if it's capable of being cleaned. Naturally, most of what I have is pure white in color, and I can just imagine the spaghetti sauce....

Also, I had a few instances where plastic items placed on this stuff were left with an impression (of the bumpies). I recall the packaging mentioning it's not for use on laquered wood (don't have any of that), but are there any other materials that would be marred by this stuff? While I'm sure my glasses and plates will be okay, I'd hate to ruin a dresser drawer.

If you're not sure what I'm referring to, here is a link on Amazon:

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mikey

We use this stuff in the nursing home where I work all the time - we hand wash it with dishwashing liquid and roll it up in a towel to dry it. Lasts a long time with no obvious degradation. Not sure about what surfaces it might interact with.

DebH

Reply to
DebH

You could wash the liners with dishwashing detergent. These contain some rubber, which has sulfur, and may react with plastics or other materials. I probably would not use it in a dresser drawer.

Reply to
Phisherman

Is rubber mixed with PVC these days? The link says it's PVC.

Reply to
Lloyd Randall

Mike,

My experience with that stuff in houses is that after about 18 months, it degrades and sticks to the shelf. Replace it when it gets gummy to avoid a big mess

Jacob the cleaning guy

Reply to
570-622-6441