Metal scrapes on white Corelleware?

Someone helped me do the dishes and ended up "scraping" one of my Corelleware white casserole dishes with a metal spoon. This "marked" the white with grayish lines. Is there a way of getting rid of them or has the glaze been gouged and I now have a permanent internal design?

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

I don't know what would work, but here is what I would try. Use a pencil eraser to rub baking soda over the mark. Automotive rubbing compound might be a better choice of abrasive.

The utensil was probably stainless steel, but acid might do some good.

________________________ Whatever it takes.

Reply to
Michael A. Ball

The spoon that was used is stainless steel. The person that "helped" doesn't understand the concept of soaking or that they often don't help...

The baking soda should be made into a paste or used dry with the gum from the eraser backing it up?

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

Try it dry first. If that fails, wet it. The pencil eraser is only to focus the treatment, to confine the area that might be dulled by the abrasion.

I hope you will let us know what works. I'm curious.

________________________ Whatever it takes.

Reply to
Michael A. Ball

I wonder if a Mr. Clean magic eraser would work. I know it removes metal marks from my tile counter. Lauradog

Reply to
Lauradog

I thought about that, but I've never tried that product; so, I couldn't recommend it. I suspect it would work, too!

________________________ Whatever it takes.

Reply to
Michael A. Ball

Buy something called Bar Keepers Friend. I used to use it for my Corningware glass stove top and still use it for just this thing. It is a wonderful product, very fine so it does not scratch, and it also gets these marks off Pfaltzgraff dishes. It is a lot less than buying the speciality product they sell for this.

Barkeepers Friend is a cleanser available next to all the other powdered cleansers in a gold container. I think Barkeepers Friend is bleach free too.

Autumn

Bar Keepers Friend® One can does it all! The best professional powdered cleanser since 1882. The unique formula in Bar Keepers Friend gently removes stains other cleansers can't. It will even remove rust, and is great for cleaning stainless steel.

All-Clad, Calphalon, Cordon Bleu, Corelle, Cutco, Regalware, Seal-o-matic, Wagner, and West Bend recommend Bar Keepers Friend for cleaning stainless steel cookware.

Bar Keepers Friend is also recommended for cleaning Blanco, Delta Faucet, Eljer, Elkay, Franke, Keidel, MIXA, Rachiele, Revere, and Wedgwood premium sinks.

Espitech.com also recommends Bar Keepers Friend for cleaning their stainless steel cookware and pressure cookers. Fantes Gourmet & Kitchen Wares Shop, America's oldest and most distinguished shop of kitchen wares, also recommends Bar Keepers Friend to their customers. According to La Cuisine, the Cook's Resource, Bar Keepers Friend is a must for every kitchen.

If you're looking for a cleanser you can trust to clean your stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic tile, plastic, copper, china, fiberglass, imitation marble, tile, grout, chrome, and composition sinks--trust Bar Keepers Friend. Bar Keepers Friend, the Can Do Cleanser! Our motto is, "Once Tried, Always Used! Bar Keepers Friend will be your "cleaning friend" for life!"

Reply to
Autumn