How to clean ink from polo shirt?

Hi all! I did my laundry and a blue ball point pen was left in one of the pant. It spread ink all over a blue polo shirt. I try shout, spray and wash and oxi clean and none of those make a different. Is there any way to remove the ink?

Thanks a million!

Reply to
Tim

try here

Phisherman

Try rubbing alcohol.

Reply to
jamie

Yup! I agree - Methylated Spirits.

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean

Rubbing alcohol, or plain hairspray (unscented). Failing that, Carbona stain devils have a product formulated for ink.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I've found hairspray to be best...but don't know how well it works after the garment was washed.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

Hairspray is normally has amyl acetate (nail varnish remover as substitute) in it and does work on some kinds of ink very well.

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean

Try sitting the stain in a dish of alcohol, or pouring alcohol through it, rather than trying to dab it off.

Reply to
jamie

Yep, this would be my suggestion.... soaking it in the alcohol.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

The Sanford Ink Company used to have a big page of instructions for ballpoint-ink stains, depending on what kind of ballpoint ink it was. Now they skip (no pun intended) all that and recommend Amodex.

Amodex is a French soap sold in little bottles. It's on the web.

Reply to
Lloyd Randall