formica with tape residue

How to get the gooey semi hardened tape residue off without damaging the Formica?

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Joe

Isopropyl alcohol is good for that sort of thing...

Reply to
Helen Page

Kerosene or lighter fluid should work. If you have neither, try a small dab of petroleum jelly, a "nylon scrubbie," and some elbow grease. If you want to use a scraper, a plastic "credit card" works without damaging the Formica.

Reply to
Phisherman

installers told me to use paint thinner. that is what they used.

Reply to
charlie

try WD-40 if you have it around the house.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

use a razor scraper.

wet the area with some soapy water to make the razor glide, and use at a very shallow angle.

Reply to
cleantech

razor scraper

wet the area with some soapy water first, and use at a very shallow angle.

Reply to
cleantech

On Mon 07 Mar 2005 03:59:33a, Bonnie Jean wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

Did anyone mention Goo-Gone? Works a treat.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I second this. WD-40 takes it off better than anything I've tried. Took 12-year-old duct tape residue off tiles.

Reply to
Tom Miller