Flue component for combi boiler

Hi

I have a flu component in my combi boiler which I need to clean very thoroughly. It is called a "flue elbow" by the manufacturers and this is quite a good description I think. In this flue elbow are a couple of little tubes which are part of the pressure sensor mechanism. The flue elbow looks a bit like a part of an extremely large carburettor.

The problem is that this flue elbow seems to get coked up every couple of years and this interferes with the pressure sensor. The small tubes for the pressure sensor probably get coked up I guess. I can get a pipe cleaner down them but I don't know of any solution that could be used to assist with cleaning of them.

The main flu elbow itself is an aluminium casting. The smaller tubes within it are definitely metal but it is hard to know which one, they aren't aluminium, they could be copper, but they seem to hard for copper to me.

I'd like to know if there is a solution of some sort that could be applied to this component to bring it up shining like new?

TIA

Reply to
PJ

The only part of a combi that should be cleaned by the owner is the casing . If you have to ask what the tubes are made of then maybe you're not competent to be messing with the boiler. Instead of asking this group, who are mostly Yanks and wouldn't know a combi boiler if they saw one perhaps you should be getting a Corgi reg. person in to deal with it.

Reply to
Sweep

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 2:16:00 +0000, Sweep wrote (in message ):

Hi

I think I'll try uk.d.i.y, maybe that would be a better newsgroup for this query.

Reply to
PJ