Easter Bunny

The Easter Bunny brought me a new line, a new matching prop in green and a giant bag of soft touch pegs. I WAS hoping for a washing machine . Still, mustn't be ungrateful.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

easter bunny brings you presents?!

easter bunny doesn't even bring my children easter eggs. (i have banned him from the premises, that's why).

mean old anti-easter kylie (who wouldn't mind some new pegs now you mention it)

Reply to
0tterbot

It has to keep me sweet otherwise it'll be in Barbecue Bob's pot! I also received a Walnut Whip egg. I intend to eat it in bed tonight, a special treat.

They may be soft touch but they still left marks. I normally peg a sock over the more easily marked garments to stop indentations.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Are you sure it was the Easter Bunny? Has the swelling subsided?

I don't blame you. In America teachers instruct with Hickory Sticks, but Walnut Whips are illegal.

Why don't you post this advice in wash.assistive-tech?

Reply to
Marcia Pease

mrs b! i did not know you were thingy about peg indentations. life is very short, you know. kylie

Reply to
0tterbot

In my day, by the head or headmistress it was the cane for boys and a ruler across the palm or knuckles for girls, in the junior school it was slaps to the leg. The metalwork teacher used a flexible metal bar to administer punishment to the behind and the sports teacher used his dap half a dozen times in the same place.

I can find no such group. I suspect, Marcia, that you are teasing me.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I am very fussy about peg marks. They look bad if left on and sometimes can pull the material out of shape. The soft touch pegs still leave marks and I am pegging a flannel or a corner of my underwear over outer garments to stop this. Another pet hate of mine is slovenly women who leave their pegs out overnight. A disgusting practise IMO.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I'm very fussy about pegs in general. I have a certain way of hanging each article. And peg marks drive me nuts. I like to fold my shirts over and peg at the arm pit where it's not so noticeable. I hang dish towels between shirts so I can peg over them. I love how my towels come off the line all crisp and clean. But call me a slovenly woman cause I always leave my pegs on the line. That way, there they are when I need them.

peggo

Reply to
peggo

Good for you, Peggo! I'm glad somebody has finally dared tell Mrs. Bonk to buzz off.

Reply to
Denominator

Well done Peggo, a girl after my own heart.

Interesting. I find wooden pegs when wet, such as those one finds left overnight on the line, actually discolour material. Plastic may not have the same problem but I find the metal spring will rust. My main concern though is: How do you wipe down the line when it's full of pegs? Far easier to remove the pegs to a peg basket ( I made a super one last week) to be brought into the shed and hung on the door to dry next to the wash basket, then just before hanging the washing the line can easily be wiped.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I am guessing that "buzz off" is another of your faddish sayings old boy. Would you like to share any thoughts you may have on pegs?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Why don't you invest in some quality clothespins?

I don't hang my laundry when it's raining. That way I don't have to wipe the line.

Reply to
Denominator

Winston Churchill.

I applaud Pegs for telling you to buzz off.

Reply to
Denominator

Good ol' Winnie, he said it how it was.

That would be the slow hand clap?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I thought I had when I bought the soft touch ones. Have you a recommendation?

I wipe it to remove dirt and dust as well as wet. It is quite surprising how grubby the cloth looks when I have a quick wipe down.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Whatever makes you think I might be Eric Clapton?

Reply to
Denominator

Yes, I think you should invest in some quality clothespins.

If you wash your hands first you won't get the cloth grubby.

Reply to
Denominator