Do Continuous Cleaning ovens works? Mine does not...

I have had 3 ovens in my life, 2 self cleaning and 1 continuous cleaning oven. I know this is not a lot to base my opinion on, but frankly, the continuous cleaning oven (CCO) was junk. It was always dirty. With my self cleaning oven (SCO) I could have turkey legs on the bottom of the oven and I'd just put it into self cleaning mode for 3 hours and *POOF*!!! I'd get a little smoke and a very few ashes (the turkey legs were an exaggeration to make the point.)

With the CCO, the crumbs directly under the burner MIGHT ash, but nothing else. The inside of the oven looks dirty and greasy. We are on a very low fat diet, so whatever bit of oil splashed on the inside of the oven seems to have coated the inside very well and does not burn off.

Is this typical for CCO? It never looks clean, and I cannot tell that is has done anything to reduce the dirt or crumbs. I am not a messy baker. But truly, with the SCO, regardless of the mess, 3 hours at 500 and the mess was gone, period.

Do are there any CCO that work? Or should I make sure that my next oven is a SCO?

Thanks Eric

Reply to
Ron Cliborn

I had a CCO clean oven and I agree with your observation. I always called it my CDO (continuously dirty) oven. I hated it. Once grease was baked onto it it was there for life. And there is no way to make it look good again. I am glad to be rid of it. I only wish my self cleaning oven would also clean the shelves, but that is wishing for too much I guess.

Autumn

Reply to
Autumn

Get the SCO that you turn on for a couple of hours to burn off the mess. They seem to be beter insulated and clean up beter. Just remove the grills in them so they will stay bright. You do not have to remove them, but the first cleaning or two will usually burn off the bright finish.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery