Coffee Cup Staining

The ol' dishwasher is lapsing in it's duties. Stains, coffee and tea, are holding firm inside the nice white mugs and cups. I thought it was because I switched over to those tablets but this didn't hold out because I purchased some liquid and the stains are still there.

Ideas for removing the tea and coffee stains (without soaking each with a tablet of Effordent)?

Many thanks.

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

Don't know about coffee, but Oxi-Clean (in hot water) cleaned up the plastic parts of my Mr. Coffee iced tea machine As If By Magic.

Reply to
Frogleg

Fill the cups with dilute bleach until stain is gone. Then wash well.

Reply to
BonnieJean

Once the stains are set, it is more difficult to remove them.

I suspect the switch to the tablets IS what allowed them to set in the first place.

The diluted bleach will remove the stains, but be sure the surface will tolerate the bleach. You might want to test on ONE mug first.

john cline ii, who hopes that helps

Reply to
john cline ii

Fill the mugs with warm soapy water and add about a teaspoon of bleach to each container. Rinse with cool water after 20 minutes.

Reply to
Phisherman

I use "denture cleaning tablets' a 1/2 tablet. Soak overnight and stain is gone. I get the tablets at a dollar store so they are really cheap.

Sijka

Reply to
sijka

are you all there in the head?

Reply to
Sweep

SPRINKLE WITH DAKING SODA, WIPE WITH DAMP CLOTH. fRUGAL, & YOU WON`T HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE BLEACH SMELL TO GO AWAY. sANDY

Reply to
Sandy