cleaning wheels on shopping carts

I was at a fabric store tonight and ALL the shopping carts felt like you were pushing a "Zamboni"--it was the little pieces of lint and thread that had gotten into the wheel wells. Last year they hired a guy who took a pair of tweezers and worked ALL DAY on 10 carts!! Is there anything they can spray or soak the wheels in that will "dissolve" the lint and threads enough so that a pair of long nose pliers would be all you would need and it would be an easy job!!!!????

Thanks! Sijka

Reply to
sijka

"sijka" wrote in news:s7OIb.197006$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

I'm sorry, I have no idea, but that must be one messy store! I've never been in a fabric store that had that much "stuff" on the floor.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I think they've let the wheel mess build up over time as they have no idea how to clean them... OK-store no up to my Obsessive-Compulsive Standards either!!

Reply to
sijka

If they are metal hubbed wheels, you can flash over the bearing area with a pencil flamed blow torch just long enough to burn off the strings.

If they are rubber wheels with a brass sleeve on a steel pin, if the pin is removable, that is the way to go. If not, an exacto knife works quicker than a needle nose pliers.

TTUL Gary

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

I would take them to a self-serve car wash and blast them with the pressure washer spray.

Reply to
Vox Humana