Carpet cleansing

I spilled Body oil (kinda like baby oil) on my BEIGE carpet I did'nt find out until 2 weeks later so its dry and in there pretty good its a big dark spot How do I get it out without having to get the carpet replaced?

Reply to
gumbymb

See if you can find this product in your local hardware store.

I used it few years back on a kool-aid stain on very light tan carpet.

ms. tonya

Oil is very difficult to remove. Best to use a carpet cleaner or shop vac to draw the shampoo out. A strong detergent such as TSP might work. Tap the carpet with the suds (scrubbing can damage carpeting). Any cleaning solutions should be tested (on closet carpeting or elsewhere). Better yet, it may be better to hire a professional for this job.

Reply to
Phisherman

you know, sad to say, i guess prevention is the key word here. i mean , i can see now why people, when they move into a place, the first thing they do is run somewhere and buy rugs, large or small to cover the rug; area rugs. then you dont have to worry about any of that.

oh i spilled chocolate, coke, and coffee on one big spot and thot it would never come out.

can you tell me why these companies who build apartments put light colored rugs in them? makes no sense at all.

my cousins had white rugs in their house. yes i said white. what were they thinking?

~v~

Reply to
Victoria Sea