Black Stove cleaning tips?

My husband and I purposely opted against any stainless appliances fearing they would be terrible to clean, however the black stove/oven has not proved to be much easier.

Any tips to getting the stove clean? I've tried everything and there are still spots and patches...

Thanks, lisa

Reply to
Zucca4

Most appliances will provide an owner's manual which includes cleaning instructions. Follow them carefully. Abrasive cleaners may scratch finishes and/or remove dial markings. I use a damp cloth (with an optional drop of dishwashing liquid for those few messy cooking sessions.)

Reply to
Phisherman

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Zucca4) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

If the surfaces you're trying to clean are porcelain enamel, you can safely use the cleaners recommended for glass-top stove surfaces. It will remove almost anything.

Reply to
Wayne

any particular products you like?

Reply to
Zucca4

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Zucca4) wrote in news:20040607211625.16682.00000710@mb- m29.aol.com:

The brand I currently have is Cerama Bryte, although I have used others. All the cleaners I've tried have worked well.

Additionally, I have also had very good luck with Bar Keeper's Friend on a very damp cloth It doesn't scratch at all.

Reply to
Wayne