Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Stain removal
Hi, Anyone have any tips on how to remove a Balsamic Vinaigrette stain from a blouse? Thanks. Debbie

EQ Home Cleaning Services
EQ Home Cleaning Services Step into a home cleaned to your complete satisfaction. Cross a major chore off your to-do list and let us take care of house cleaning. Then savor the pleasure of knowing...

Washing Powder Residue
I had a problem with small white lumps of washing powder remaining in the laundry at the end of each wash. I eventually discovered that the carton was damp. I have now changed to washing powder...
3
3

color-safe bleach vs. bleach substitute
color-safe bleach vs. bleach substitute Last night I needed clothes detergent, and about all the store sold was Tide, and I had never used Tide before, and I bought some. But I notice that the powder...
2
2

Using Pool Chemicals as Laundry Bleach (Chlorox)?
Using Pool Chemicals as Laundry Bleach (Chlorox)? AFAIK Pool Hypochlorite (9%-13%) is stronger than 6% laundry bleach. Is it possible to use (cheaper) pool hypochlorite tablets as a substitute for...

Cleaning a Broken Window
I have moved into a small house and the windows are in desperate need of cleaning. However, one of the panes in one window is broken but still in place in the framing. Can I clean this one just like...
9
9

Getting rid of Rayon Velvet Water Spots
Hi--------- A couple of months ago I posted a question about how to get rid of rubbed places (water spots??) in rayon velvet. I ran across the answer on an old-time remedies website: Get a teakettle...
1
1

How To Clean A Couch Cushion From Dog Pee?
We just got a new dog and he peed a bit on the couch! I washed the outer cover but how the heck do you clean the cushion itself? How does everyone clean their big, bulky things that can't go in...
4
4

Best way to clean caked up dust on silicone beads?
I tried cleaning the dust off the silicone beading on top of my baseboards in my bathrooms and the normal dust cleaning with Swiffer mitten doesn't seem to work at all. I noticed that the dust...
2
2

scooba
I have a roomba for years now and love it. I used it in the basement once and it got superdirty had to take it apart and clean it. I was wonder how the scoomba would do in a basement after its was...
1
1

Defrosting Freezer
I'm getting ready to defrost my upright freezer. In the past I've boiled several pots of water and placed them in the freezer for approx. 10 minutes then reboiled the water again while...
17
17

Start your own business
Be your own boss and set your own more morning commutes! The Summit Group is looking for motivated Sales Consultants. Visit and enter code pw4326 for free info and get started today!

Cleaning white film from windows -- tried everything!
I just moved into a downtown city apartment that has nice, big windows... with a weird white film on them. It looks as if someone tried to clean the windows with something odd (hairspray?...
4
4

wooden table
I had lots of change that I left on a wooden table for about six months. I removed the change, but there are all these rings that it left behind. I can't clean them off the table. Even wood...
1
1

Appliance boxes: Do you keep yours?
I've always been the type to throw away any boxes that stuff came in such as microwaves, LCD televisions, etc. Now I'm thinking that maybe that's a mistake. Curious what you all do?
9
9