Chimney breast removal - Ground floor ceiling concrete block - should we remove it ?

Hi all
The chimney breast was removed last year , but at that time due to time restrictions , the concrete on the ceiling i.e. where the chimney breast stood in the groundfloor was not removed ( my neighbour who had his chimney breast removed also had not done that he said )
This concrete was strong and I put plasterboard and plastered it ,
All fine , now I have paper cracks exactly where the concrete was before , I asked the builder , he says , its only the plasterboard not sticking to the concerte
What is your suggestions , I am thinking of called the council site inspection and get their opinion and make necessary modifications
Has any one has similar issues ?
Best regards
[IMG]

Reply to