Latest threads in Carpentryshow only best voted threads

Subcategories: Glue 2
Subject Author Posted Replies

would a 3/4in. x 4ft. x 8ft. piece of plywood support 200 pounds
No further details provided

what is the going rate for painting bathroom vanity cabinets?
3 baths #1 30'high,48"length, 21"deep white front of cabinet only, entire inside painted sanding & caulking required #2 30"high, 60"length, " " " (no inside) " " #3 30"high, 36"length, 21"deep " front...

I want to add storage in my garage. It is open with 2x4 trusses attached with gusset plates. What do I need to do?
The garage is open & built with 2x4 trusses attached with gusset plates. I want to add storage, an "attic stair" that pulls down. I plan on putting down plywood for a "floor" on the horizontal 2x4...

Can I use wood sealer that has been frozen on outdoor deck?
I have a can of Thompson's wood sealer for the deck which was frozen over the winter. Can the product still be used?
4
4

What is the maximum length for 3/4 inch plywood shelving between support joists if the shelving plywood is 2 feet wide?
No further details provided

joining wood to melanine , what screws should I use?
joining a 1 and one- half inch of wood to the edge of melamine, What kind of screw should I use?

is it worth waterproofing pressure treated plywood
No further details provided

I need help in building and attaching a storage shed with roof, to my home. I already have a concrete slab.
I had recently had a 150 gallon solar water heater added to my home the best for it was outside home. So now, I need help in building a shed around it and have it attached to my home.

My couter top has scraches and some heat marks what can I do for it before moving out . .
The counter top is made of cream color play wood . Unknowingly I kept hot pan on it and it got some marks . Please help me to fix it I don't want to pay more for the damage .

How can I easily repair varnished cabinets where water has splashed on them?
My bathroom and kitchen cabinet doors have been damaged slightly by having had water splashed or dripped down on them. The varnish or poly that is on the cabinets seems to have "washed away" in...

Baluster spacing in a closed stairwell.
Can I use a 6" baluster spacing instead of the 4" if the stairwell is closed on both sides? The balusters would be less than 3" off the wall thus a 4" sphere can not even pass though the space between...

up grading a rockwell delta 46-111
does anyone know if the tail stock center on a rockwell delta 46-111 a #1MT or a #2 MT ? or what the spindle size is ?

I need to support hip roof in order to replace deck and all posts.
I have an old house that has a concrete porch 4foot above ground. I need advice on what to use and how to support hip roof above porch while I replace concrete with wood deck.

how do i trim a quarter inch from the backsplash of a preformed laminate countertop?
No further details provided

What is the maximum span of a 2x12 header with single cripplers and a second floor?
No further details provided