Latest threads in Carpentryshow only best voted threads

Subcategories: Glue 2
Subject Author Posted Replies

what is the structural integrity of cedar posts?
I had contractors install 3, 4x4 inch cedar posts supporting the awning of my front porch. It developed some, what I believe to be, heat and stress related hairline cracks. I'm wondering if these...
8 years ago

weight capacity for a 1 inch thick by 2 or 3 feet long plywood
how much weight will a 1inch by 3 foot long piece of plywood hold. I would like to put 2 1/2 inch peices together to use for leveling my 27 foot travel trailer. how much weight can a 4 x 4 ,1 inch...
8 years ago 2

I need to support approx. 4,000 lbs on a shelf
I am installing two wine racks in a storage closet, and want them 15-18 inches off the floor so I can store boxes under them. The racks are 23.25 inches deep, 77.125 inches tall, and the total span...
8 years ago

How to Splice a rafter, two 2x8x10' to make One 2x8x20'
No further details provided
8 years ago

what is the value of a sears craftman 10 inch radial saw model no. 113.199250
I would label it at $150 - $175 knowing I would  probably sell it for $125. People love to haggle on garage sales and flea markets - give them their little haggling fun they came for, they'll take...
8 years ago 2

How do I fix water damaged pine wood veneer cabinet doors
I have 10 YO Pine cabinets with wood veneer panels. They are light color and basicly a plain frame with the veneer panels in the center of each door. They were originally finished with lacquer spray....
8 years ago 10

how to straghten pressure treated boards that have a WOW in them
No further details provided
8 years ago

how large the posts have to be on a second floor deck
does anybody know what code says, (Ontario), for how large the posts have to be on a second floor deck? Will 4" X 4" posts pass code or must I use 6" X 6"?? Cheers.
8 years ago

how to refinish bleached oak cabinets
No further details provided
8 years ago

I have a wrighton kitchen which was fitted in the 90's but some of the plastic drawers are broken is there any where that sell replacements
No further details provided I have the same problem, so if you have any luck with replacements I'd love to know.
8 years ago 2

Does code require preasure treated wood for furring strip base
since the bottom furring board touched the slab , must you use pressure treated wood? You are correct. The International Residential Code (2012) postulates in Section R 317.1 that R317.1 Location...
8 years ago 4