Re: Cat in tree.

A few days ago the neighbours little black kitten decides to

> climb a 60' pine tree in our back yard, it's near the top where > the tree is ~1" thick, and of course our cute neighbour is an > animal lover, so she comes over to get permission to put a > 'cherry picker' in our backyard to get it, but there is no road, > so she'd may need to build a road. (Kitten is whining as I > write). > She calls Fire dept, SPCA, they won't help, and wants now > our permission to lop off the top of the tree. > Fun stuff. > Ken

Call a priest.

A cat climbed a tree and went up to the top. The owners were told to put food and water at the base of the tree. They were told that the cat would get hungry and would come down on it's own. Two days went by and the food and water remained untouched. So they called the fire department to see if they could get the cat down. The tallest lader went up but fell 20 feet short. The cat didn't budge. 2 more days went by and still no luck. They called and called for another couple days. 6 days now and the cat was looking feeble. With nothing left to do they figured they might as call the priest to pray for the cat to come down. Another 2 days... By now, a large crowd had formed a vigil and TV crews had shown up. The cat's owners figured the cat would die up there and fall down. It was desperate. But the priest had an idea... he went up to the base of the tree, looked up at the cat and swung his right hand across horizontally then vertically in the sign of the holy cross. You could hear a pin drop at the morose scene during this vigil. Then, just like that, the cat calmly came down, scratched behind his ear and cuddled into the owners arms. Some people screamed "A miracle! A miracle!" People and TV cameras swarmed around the priest... They asked him, "what did you say in that prayer?"

The priest shrugged his shoulders and repeated his hand motion, "I told the cat, if you don't come down, we're gonna cut the tree"

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

A domestic cat lover wouldn't let a baby cat out loose where a hawk or fox could get it.

When that cat gets older it will use your backyard and planting beds as its litter box.

so she comes over to get permission to put a

Reply to
creative1986

snipped-for-privacy@u25g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Around here that grub would have been gone in 5 mins.

*Something* would have disappeared it.

So they called the fire department to see if

Reply to
creative1986

Those poor under priviledged kids must be reallllly hungry ;-)

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

It should give it to its animal lover owner. You'll see that poor animal splattered on the road some day, or wrapped around your radiator fan.

Reply to
creative1986

Warm Worm

Correction: Poem title is; 'A Dream Within a Dream'

Reply to
Warm Worm