Re: 2 q's

Umm that's 3 questions...

Whats that white stuff on the outside of brie

It's a penicillium mould called a bloom, which has either been added to the milk or sprayed onto the moulded cheese. It is used to keep the cheese fresh

and are you supposed to cut it off?

No. The bloom is quite safe to eat and adds to the flavour of the cheese. Gives it a nice bitterness and makes the wine you are sipping absorb to your taste buds better

> Is this a decent wine, its from a local winery? >

Buy it, open it, drink it and let us all know!

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

The white stuff is cheese mold and it is edible. For a really tasty treat try this:

Get some lox or hard smoked salmon Cut a baguette into slices and lightly toast it Pop the brie in the microwave until it softens Spread some slightly melted brie on the baguette slices and top with the salmon. Follow with a swallow of nice white wine.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

anyone into Sake and Sashimi?

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

I love both, but don't really know sake from sake. Usually just order whatever the house has (warm of course).

Reply to
Edgar

"MiamiCuse" wrote in news:HvudnQNl- _bEs2bbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@dsli.com:

No, and gawd no ;)

Reply to
Kris Krieger

depends on the sake and depends on the precise kind of sashimi. Why, gonna make me some?

Reply to
++