DowntownNOW NYC Culture Map

Update! Our website is now fully searchable!

CultureNOW is pleased to announce the revision and expansion of our website,

as an online companion to the fifth edition of DowntownNOW. DowntownNOW, a full scale map of downtown Manhattan's vibrant cultural scene, includes images and information ranging from public art and architecture to museums and galleries to performing arts spaces and theaters. This fall cultureNOW produced its fifth edition of the map since 2002, and expanded coverage all the way to Houston Street. All of this information is now available online, so please - take a tour of downtown on us! For more information, or to obtain the fifth edition of DowntownNOW, please email snipped-for-privacy@culturenow.org. The mission of cultureNOW is to promote civic awareness of and interest in our culturally rich environment of New York City. The free downtownNOW Map grew out of the work of New York/New Visions (NYNV) Design Coalition for the Rebuilding of Lower Manhattan, a volunteer effort by professional design organizations in response to the tragic events of September 11th. The map was an effort to demonstrate the rich cultural resources of downtown that had remained after 9/11. It was first printed in January, 2002 with subsequent updated editions in June, 2002, September, 2002, September, 2003, and now our fifth edition, finished in October, 2006. These maps together have provided cultural snapshots of downtown as it recovers. CultureNOW is a non-profit organization.

Reply to
cultureNOW