Code Discussion Group?

Hello, I am an inspector looking for a site that will help me stay as up to date in what is going on as I can. I have recently taken a position with a small jurisdiction. As there is little more than R and B occupancies I would like to get involved with people discussing a larger portion of the codes to keep my skills honed. I don't plan on staying in a combination inspector position forever.

If anyone could guide me in the right direction, I would be eternally greatfull!

Terry Combination Building Inspector ICC Certified Utah Licensed

Reply to
inspector.terry

Terry, Due to All areas having distinctive codes and laws, I would recommend focusing on your local codes and stringintly studie the state codes. Contact the state contractors board and they will supply you with "ALL" updated material. Other information, could be incorrect and you could loose your job over a bad communication. Stick to the books. I have to use many different standards in teaching safety, but OSHA and ANSI publications are the laws I abide. Let me know if I have helped.

CCecil

Reply to
Chaz

Thanks CCecil, I am working in a jurisdiction in which I have plenty of time to study the local codes. I am only interested in the interpretation of the I-Codes as a general practice. I get little practice on larger projects as there are no buildings here that are over three stories, or over 30,000 square feet. This is not to mention hazardous locations and the like.

I have been involved with larger projects in the past to include high-rise buildings and varied occupancies. It is my hope that by joining in conversations with others I can stay involved enough with the basics of the code that when I go to get a Building Official position with a larger jurisdiction I have kept my skills as sharp as possible.

I do however, truly appreciate the advice!

Reply to
inspector.terry