PDF of 2011 National Electrical Code posted

Hi all,

Someone posted a pdf copy of the 2011 National Electrical Code over in:

Erik

Reply to
Erik

I didn't find it. What was the title in the subject line?

Reply to
TSA Supervisor

"National Electric Code" (in part). Easy to find by time & date: 12:18 today. 26 parts

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Oops that's "National Electrical Code".

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

"TSA Supervisor" on Sat, 23 Apr 2011

12:22:52 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

ASST NEW MTLS 22 APR 2011 A - National Electrical Code (U.S.A.) [NFPA-70] 2011 Edition (NFPA, 2010) WW.pdf (01/26)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

And everyone ought to rush right over there to steal a copy, right?

Reply to
rangerssuck

Does it work. I understood they had some tough licensing trap in there.,

Reply to
gfretwell

Mr. Young - What does Jesus say about stealing copyrighted material? Is that the Mormon way?

Reply to
rangerssuck

Copyright did not exist when Jesus was out there proselytizing.

I would be very surprised if Jesus, somehow, would approve of the notion that a person may not be allowed share a copy of anything with his friend, that somehow a law may prevent people from freely sharing information.

Ignoramus4979

I wonder what He would think of copyrighting the rules we have to follow and charging to see them. If they have legal authority they should be public domain.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

The don't have legal authority first off...

Second, I'd expect from the rest of the general theology, He would also respect personal property and fully understand intellectual property rights as well...altho I think both are somewhat mundane topics compared to the area of real concern expressed in the message...

--

Reply to
dpb

Then we don't have to follow it.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

seeing as how it is not a giganews carried group, probably not many people flocking over there.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Furthermore, the Bible talks about sharing one loaf of bread with

5,000 people. I believe that it is a cryptic reference to free software and free information sharing. I am pretty sure that Jesus would disapprove of copyright.
Reply to
Ignoramus4979

Great. Now, who puts them together and writes them down? And who pays those people? The federal government?

I've always thought that Corvettes want to be free, too. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That's why we have libraries, and why you have legs.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It is actually a pretty useful group for tech stuff. Lots of Win7 info

?st=1&gid=4821

Reply to
Metspitzer

Refresh your newsgroups. It is new. I see it

Reply to
gfretwell

What's the deal with building related codes being proprietary? Never thought anything that could be "law" and enforced by government should have to be purchased, except paying for the printing cost. What does "National" mean in "2011 National Electrical Code?" I've got no problem buying auto shop manuals, but I don't have to buy their cars, and they're not holding code violations over me. These proprietary codes never smelled right to me.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

NFPA used to be a genuine code writing group that concentrated on safety and publishing standards at a reasonable price for the masses. They have become a marketing arm for the corporate representatives who dominate the code making panels. The NEC has become a way of selling products that do not even exist when they are written into the codes and they get perfected in the customer's home, at the point of a government gun. When they are found to be deficient, nobody reimburses the customer, or the contractor who has to replace them. It should be noted that the NEC is the only major building code in most states that is adopted as the NFPA document, not written into law and published by the government. Veeck v NFPA found that these codes had to be made public so NFPA responded with a very cumbersome interface on their web site. It is virtually unusable but it does meet the legal description of "public". There is some value in the printed books but I am not sure they are really worth the $85 they charge. They also charge the same price to download this PDF. They stopped selling the more capable CD versions. I have bought the NEC every cycle since 1987 and usually the handbook on soft copy since they were available because I need it but if someone who is a casual user wants to download this, I say go for it.. As for NFPA, f*ck the greedy bastards.

Reply to
gfretwell