Cellphone Creep(iness)

Is it just my imagination, or does practically every second person-- maybe especially young women-- have a cellpone up against (or in) their ear?

And are they actually talking to anyone, and if so, who are they, where are they, and why are they somewhere else?

What I've noticed too, is two people having coffee and then one of them answers their cellphone and speaks at length, while the other sort of looks around blankly. I've also seen two people talking at the same time on their cellphones.

Is anyone starting to find this a little odd, or even creepy?

And regarding ringtones; is it my imagination, or are some people deliberately delaying answering their phones?

Reply to
Frankendrip

No. When enough people get to think of others as things, thats when mass murder becomes acceptable.

Reply to
R'zenboom

"Frankendrip" wrote in news:0Ni4g.5152$Cv1.250@edtnps82:

Actually, there are more, but they're more difficult to spot because they're using those ear-bud+mini-mike hands-free setups.

OTOH the fake setups are a great way to disguise the fat that you're talking with The Voices...

Or, when they're physically with the people with whom they're blithering on the phone, do they then blither on the phone with the people they're currently with?

IOW, why can't people just talk with the people they're with?!?

And why do they always seem to SHOUT into those cell phones...and stand in front of every house/car/restaurant table/etc. *except* their own, while so shouting...?

That way, they can avoind having to think of anything to say to the person they're with. Avoidance of intimacy.

Annoying? Ill-mannered? Rude? Ignorant?

Of course. You see, their taste is so fantastic, and their jingle choices are so sublime, that it is their moral duty to share their own greatness with as many other people as possible.

((see "rude" and "ignorant"))

Reply to
Kris Krieger