Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts

What do you all think of Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts designed by architect Cesar Pelli?

When driving south on I-95 to Miami, I passed by it quite often and usually will see this side of it:

I have never been inside or saw the other sides of it.

I live in Fort Lauderdale and do not go to Miami too often, and when I do go, it's usually taking visitors to South Beach or watch the Heat play, and many of my visitors will noticed this structure and ALL of them, I mean dozens of them will say "What is that ugly big building for?" I have not had one say it looks good or even look "strange" or "unusual". The word they used was "ugly".

What do you all think?

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

so it's pretty ugly or it's pretty?

Reply to
nmbexcuse

This is the result of someone taking a freehand sketch literally. All those slightly *off* angles are enormously expensive. Come on man, turn on the snap and grid and do the thing properly. But then, look at the overall lines of the thing. If they turned on snap and grid the whole thing would look hugely boring, like many 1950's suburb homes. The designer was lacking in style and grace and was fueled by an inflated (government?) budget. He should refund the design fee and leave the country at once, and so should the people that hired him.

Reply to
creative1986