What's best vacuum for pet hairs on hardwood and carpet? (2023 Update)

Last year I ended up buying a Hoover Linx cordless stick vac and the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser hand vac, as I was so frustrated with our old Miele White Star. Both are decent for day-to-day touch-ups, but my Miele has now totally bitten the dust and I need to buy a new vac this week.

As much as I'd prefer an upright vac, I use my hose and attachments all the time to vacuum my very textured adobe walls, furniture, crevices, lampshades, etc., etc.

I've spent a lot of time this morning searching ConsumerReports and Get Cleaning Done. But, every time I check out the customer reviews there are always complaints that the rollers still get bound up with hair and have to be continually cut off. Or that the vacuums are falling apart! I found one that seemed to work well . . . as long as you got down on your hands and knees and used an attachment to get it up. I've been doing that for years with my Miele White Star and am so done with that! For a vacuum that expensive (back then it was close to $500), shame on them!

Is there a vacuum out there that actually really works with pet hair on rugs and hardwood/non-carpeted floors?????? I need recommendations and ones NOT to buy quickly, please. Help!

Reply to
Anonymous

Based on your requirements, it seems like you need a vacuum that has strong suction power and efficient tools for removing pet hair from carpets and hardwood floors. Here are a few recommendations:

Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute: This cordless stick vac is highly rated for its powerful suction and versatility. It has a specialized tool for removing pet hair, and the lightweight design makes it easy to use on both carpets and hardwood floors.

Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean: This vacuum is designed to handle pet hair with ease, thanks to its powerful motor and DuoClean technology, which helps to lift and remove hair from carpets and hardwood floors. It also comes with a crevice tool and a pet power brush, which can make removing hair from furniture and upholstery much easier.

Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Corded Vacuum: This vacuum is designed specifically for cleaning pet hair from hardwood floors. It has a V-shaped brush roll that effectively picks up pet hair without getting tangled. It's also lightweight and easy to maneuver, making it a good choice if you need to clean furniture and crevices as well.

It's important to note that not all vacuums are created equal, and some may perform better for pet hair than others. It's always a good idea to read reviews and compare the features of different models before making a final decision.

It is best to avoid vacuum cleaners that are prone to roller brush hair tangles and have low suction power. Also, do look for vacuum cleaners with a high rating, customer reviews, and warranty for better reliability and durability.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor