Latest threads in Air Conditioningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Return vents. Is there supposed to ductwork leading somewhere?
It looks like just a square hole was cut in the wall. the return vent has no ductwork it just goes into the brick wall and there is nothing containing the air or "returning" it anywhere except the...
2
2

fan continues running several minutes after cool air stops, blowing warm air, then makes a loud clunck
No further details provided
2
2

Oil leakage from the suction pipe
There had been oil leaking from the suction pipe every time. And then the outer hvac unit shuts down and there's no air. Technician tried to figure out the leak and this is the fourth time he fixed it...
2
2

what can you tell me about this trane A/C mod tch036a100ab mfg. in 01/89? Thanks.
Trane ac can you tell me anything about this heatpump.?

1260 sq ft, 50 amp only in a manuf. home, how many ton capabilty and amp in unit?
1260 sq ft,mobile home 50amp avaliable, how many tons? and amps?
2
2

I'm moving into a home that has a Unitary/York heat pump. It clearly has the wrong filter in it. How do I figure out what size filter I ne
Its model # HP048X1221A. Currently, the filter is sticking out of the slot about 2-3 inches, so I know this cant be right. I am totally new to heat pumps and central AC as I used to have only window...

Ok, I have a 36k Goodman heat pump with a dual run cap.
How now do I wire it back with two separate caps.?
2
2

what brand is my heat pump model number ghgd36s21s1
No further details provided
12
12

What should I expect to pay (parts/labor) to replace compressor on my heat pump? (1972 Goettle Heat Pump, condenser replaced a.k.a. 1992)
Should I bother? I am owner/resident of a Phoenix condo with the original 1972, 3-ton Goettle heat pump. Bought condo in 2001, was told heat pump had been replaced approx 10 years prior. A/C went out...
2
2

what is a good temp. for home a/c mine is 55
my air conditioner is putting out 55 degrees from defuser is this good and just yesterday i had a temoetor in defuser it read 55 then droped to 48 then back to 55 what does this mean
2
2

what tempurature should be coming out of a/c in home use right now mine is 55
i checked my temp. from my a/c i have it at 77 at thermastat and temp. coming out from difuser is 55 is this good
2
2

I have an a coil and its frosting over.
We just had the unit replaced and it is even frosting the line outside! what should I do?
2
2

my honeywell chronotherm III themostat has a yellow light shining under the word system. what does that mean
No further details provided
12
12

air conditioner blowing hot air. changed one fuse so far.
No further details provided

have condensation from central a/c going into my furnace how do I stop it
can I fix this on my own.?????????