Yippeee! New saw is up and running!

Page 2 of 2
Glad to see your up and running Lou! We have to quit meeting like this.
Would you believe it, I have yet to cut anything on mine? I took a break today (this is my weekend until Wednesday) to get back on a project that is taking up a good deal of space (Log Bed) that I need to finish so I can get back to more important things. Anyway, I digress. I still need to completely dial in my Vega fence. I had to drill/tap holes in the rear of the table to mount the rail (let me tell you, I thought twice about it but then realized I drill holes into my Jeep all the time and it's worth a helluva lot more....) and now it's just a matter of getting everything ship shape.
I too found the 90 and 45 stops to be bang on, along with just about everything else. As I said, I did have to tighten the belts a bit but otherwise, the thing is ready to go out of the box. Only thing I'm not too sure about is that dust chute thing that surrounds the blade inside the cabinet. It's awfully close to my blade. Not really sure it does much anyway but I'll leave it until it destroys one of my blades. I too am a "Right Tilt Guy" so I'll have to practice a bit.
Anyway, I've enjoyed sharing the adventure with ya! Cheers, cc

I was a "right tilt" guy too but have become very used to the left tilt and some of the advantages it provides. The big drawback many espouse is that when using a dado stack, the measurement line is off. I simply use a piece of blue tape after my dado stack is in, by putting the fence back to the edge of the stack and place the edge of the tape on the "0". Then, I simply reference the blue tape for accurate measurements.
Other advantages I've gotten used to are the fact that from the front of the saw, the nut on the arbor turns like any nut instead of reverse. I like not needing to move the fence when doing bevels and in fact, moved my rails to the right about 8" because of the lack of needing to ever put the fence on the other side of the blade. Gave me 8" additional rip capacity with standard rails. I have placed a scrap bin under the right side of the table since the motor is on the left - has become very handy. Probably will make a cabinet to set under there evenutually - still doesn't interefere with the tilt knob.
Don

Hi Don,
These are some good ideas. I'll have to keep them in mind as I get used to the saw a little more.
Lou