Yahoooo!!! New Tools

If you was the R E Quick Transit van speeding down the road this moring, it was me on the way to Sears.

I was up early this morning and got to Sears about 10 minutes before they opened. I sat in the van finishing my coffee and bagel so I'd not miss out on the good deals. I bought the Craftsman router I've been wanting. Even got the set of solid bits to go with it. The bits are nice in that they come in a plastic case and you can do roundovers and other edge shapes by just changing the cutter. I'll use them for the doors on the kitchen cabinets I'm making.

The laser cirular saw was too good to pass up with the 10% off. With my old Black and Decker saw it was hard to follow the line sometimes. The new Craftsman with the laser guide is going to let me make a perfect line every time. Can't wait to try it.

From the Sears store I went to Home Depot to get the pine board for the doors and drawers of the kitchen cabinets. I got the sink cabinet case done with the particleboad, now I have to do the front. The widest board they had was 11" so I guess I'll have to glue them together to make the doors or I'll make three doors instead of two. That might be easier. Then I can just nail the front frame to the partical board and I'm ready for staining. I'm going to stain them Cherry.

My wife is as excited as I am because in a few weeks she is going to have the nicest kitchen on the block.

Ralph Engerman R E Quick Transit

Reply to
R. E. Engerman

Now "that " was funny.

Reply to
Leon

Waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy over the top this time Ralph. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Saturday morning cartoons........!

Now ya had me believing every word...up to the part about staining them cherry... ya really meant honey colored oak - right?

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Way to go Ralphie boy!!!!

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

What's a nice guy like you doing in a place like this? Want to go somewhere quieter? (I just love trolls)

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

Man, I hope so, or maybe I should say, I hope it was intentionally so. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

All trolls should take lessons from the master. You go, RE.

dave

R. E. Engerman wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

You got me thinking Ralph. I've been doing some woodworking for a few years, but there is just so much that I've not learned yet. That kitchen project seems to be a big one and you can probably use some help. Here's my suggestion.

In turn for my help, you could teach me how to build the cabinets. I'd be like an apprentice or your go-pher on the job. I'd learn a lot of woodworking, you'd get the dream kitchen done in less time. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Did you get any Surform planes? They're really handy to have around. Nothing to sharpen or adjust, you can simply just rip on the wood.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

You Ralph are a real laugh riot.....hilarious!

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

She will, too, after she divorces your ass, takes your house, and spends all of the alimony you pay her on new cabinets. :)

Reply to
Silvan

I hear things like that all the time. Mostly because of jealousy as my wife it 35 years younger than me. Fact is, she doesn't get any money until after I die. A lot of the old ladies are jealous too when their husband come around while my wife it outside washing her SLK320

Fact is, she appreciates our home and the things I make for it. She deserves a new kitchen with nice custom made cabinets. She's not the gold digger people make her out to be. She did not even know about the business in New York that I sold until after we were married.