WWII 48 tooth blade

It arrived today and looks great. Now all I have to do is get everything off the table saw so I can change blades. The draw back to a unisaw with a 51" fence and a Laguna large sliding table is that it's the biggest surface in the shop, closest to the door to the tool room and a complete catch all for everything. Have most of the tools rolled into the new addition to clean up the old part so hopefully I'll get to try it shortly.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Mike M wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Here's a possible solution for you: Take a car jack and lift one end of the saw up. Place jack stands underneath for safety. Now your horizontal surface has an angle and won't hold anything. Problem solved. :-)

I put a rack next to the door in hopes that it would catch things like that and not result in my space being cluttered. It worked for a bit until it got cluttered with things convenient to have next to the door like garden tools... I'm going to have to come up with another solution...

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Hopefully the added 360 Sq' and shamelessy copying Swingman's storage solutions will cure a lot of the clutter.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

My wife would like me to build new end tables, but we can't decide on the design. I want the top to be shaped like a pyramid with a flat spot on top just big enough to hold a lamp.

If I make her design with a flat top, I can just use old pallets and no one would ever see them.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Nothing to be ashamed about, have at it. Besides closet (keeps the dust off stuff), cabinet and and drawer storage, one of the best things I did for my particular "small shop" situation was the two Suncast 3x8 storage sheds, one for all the garden/outdoor ash and trash; and one for woodworking related items only - jigs, paints, stains, etc:

Swingman

I've had that problem (tablesaw junk) even with a lot of space.

I just retrained myself. I organized , made a place for everything. My biggest problem is the little stuff that really fits no category.

But I might have a permanent solution for that shortly.

My tablesaw has been clean for more than a year, ready to cut. My outfeed occasionaly suffers but is getting better.

I picked up a rolling cart from HF with a draw. I stick a ton of (I don't know what to do with it) in the cart. That was originally intended to move wood from machine to machine.. but it has helped declutter.

The sink has turned into a useful bench too.

I built a cover from the sink cut out to cover the sink.

Now all my glues and some always ready shellac are sitting on that stand . So my assembly bench just got cleared off...

Amazing how things cleanup when you have a real place to put them....

Pics so> >

Reply to
tiredofspam