WOW saw this on craigs list... it's a beauty, and the shop is impressive too.

Yes, a completely different tooth design.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I never use the rips for cross cuts. it would be a splintery mess.

Reply to
woodchucker

What blades do you use?

Reply to
Electric Comet

WHat blades do you use?

Reply to
Electric Comet

For good grade wood, my Forrest WWII

For stuff that I am less inclined to use a quality blade for like OSB, exterior ply, particle board, or wood from disassembled furniture or uses (nails possible) I use one of my crappy combos, a Delta blade, a Crapsman blade (better than the delta), or a freud (not crappy but not a WWII) ..

Reply to
woodchucker

For building furniture I have only used a Forrest WWII 40 tooth regular kerf blade. I have used this blade for the last 15 years, actually I have 3 of these. One has a flat grind for cutting flat bottom groves for drawer bottoms when using 1/4" plywood. I did buy a Systematic rip blade about 17 years ago and even on an under powered Craftsman chose to use a Systematic Combo blade for all cutting. I switched to a cabinet saw in 1999 and have used nothing but the Forrest WWII blades since. I do use a Forrest DadoKing for cutting dado's.

Reply to
Leon

I have a new-old-stock freud that cross cuts and rips fine. I find that keeping the blade very clean makes a big diff I still need to look at the forrest blades.

I don't cut wood with metal in it on the tablesaw. I have a handheld detector to make sure. If I still doubtful I get out the skilsaw.

Reply to
Electric Comet

I forgot you mentioned these before and it's on my list.

Why does the list never grow shorter

Reply to
Electric Comet

Because we keep using longer and longer boards. Longer boards, longer penc ils, longer outfeed tables, longer tape measures... the list goes on. At our advanced age, our once youthful "longer" attributes don't matter, anymo re, so we have to create new ones, substitutes to compensate.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I have a metal detector too. But sometimes you won't catch very small stuff., or you choose to not use the detector.

Reply to
woodchucker

LOL, My list is actually growing shorter these days, but then again I have 37 years worth of collecting.. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Don't forget the hand saws :

Rip saw has little or no kerf other than the blade. The teeth are in-line. They can cut down the lines of grain - almost like a wedge.

Cross-cut has alternate teeth bent right or left - back and forth and it cuts a wider kerf to prevent jamming of the blade by end grain.

I'm sure the large rotaries are very close in design.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

thought it was just cuz I have too many things on it and not getting them done faster than new ones go on it

My plan is to stop adding them, but to do this I will have to add this to the list

Reply to
Electric Comet