WOW saw this on craigs list... it's a beauty, and the shop is impressive too.

Page 2 of 2
On 1/14/15 8:20 AM, Leon wrote:

Yes, a completely different tooth design.
--

-MIKE-

On 1/13/2015 11:05 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

I never use the rips for cross cuts. it would be a splintery mess.
--
Jeff

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 12:39:34 -0500

What blades do you use?
On 1/14/2015 1:03 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

For good grade wood, my Forrest WWII
For stuff that I am less inclined to use a quality blade for like OSB, exterior ply, particle board, or wood from disassembled furniture or uses (nails possible) I use one of my crappy combos, a Delta blade, a Crapsman blade (better than the delta), or a freud (not crappy but not a WWII) ..
--
Jeff

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:20:17 -0600

WHat blades do you use?
On 1/14/2015 12:04 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

kerf blade. I have used this blade for the last 15 years, actually I have 3 of these. One has a flat grind for cutting flat bottom groves for drawer bottoms when using 1/4" plywood. I did buy a Systematic rip blade about 17 years ago and even on an under powered Craftsman chose to use a Systematic Combo blade for all cutting. I switched to a cabinet saw in 1999 and have used nothing but the Forrest WWII blades since. I do use a Forrest DadoKing for cutting dado's.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 14:09:38 -0500

I have a new-old-stock freud that cross cuts and rips fine. I find that keeping the blade very clean makes a big diff I still need to look at the forrest blades.
I don't cut wood with metal in it on the tablesaw. I have a handheld detector to make sure. If I still doubtful I get out the skilsaw.
On 1/14/2015 4:35 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

stuff., or you choose to not use the detector.
--
Jeff

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:44:37 -0600

I forgot you mentioned these before and it's on my list.
Why does the list never grow shorter
On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 3:38:45 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:

Because we keep using longer and longer boards. Longer boards, longer penc ils, longer outfeed tables, longer tape measures... the list goes on. At our advanced age, our once youthful "longer" attributes don't matter, anymo re, so we have to create new ones, substitutes to compensate.
Sonny
On 1/14/2015 3:36 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

LOL, My list is actually growing shorter these days, but then again I have 37 years worth of collecting.. ;~)
On 1/14/2015 3:36 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Rip saw has little or no kerf other than the blade. The teeth are in-line. They can cut down the lines of grain - almost like a wedge.
Cross-cut has alternate teeth bent right or left - back and forth and it cuts a wider kerf to prevent jamming of the blade by end grain.
I'm sure the large rotaries are very close in design.
Martin
On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:51:35 -0800 (PST)

thought it was just cuz I have too many things on it and not getting them done faster than new ones go on it
My plan is to stop adding them, but to do this I will have to add this to the list