Wormy Chestnut Countertop?

We have been lucky enough to have acquired several wormy chestnut logs and are going to mill them. Can this type of wood be used as a countertop material for a bathroom? What type of protection would it need?
Thanks!
On Mon, 2 May 2005 13:31:49 -0400, "Gallagher"

I've been working with some stuff that I believe is wormy chestnut, it came from a veneered panel dating to the 20s. It's very soft stuff, I would consider edging it with oak which looks very similar. And make sure you plane it in the right direction, it *really* doesn't like it against the grain :) You're probably looking at varnish/poly for the finish.
-Leuf