Workbech Top Query

Looking for the voice of experience here. I'm considering covering the top of my laminated plywood workbenches with "puckboard". Puckboard is a 1/4 in thick white high-density plastic sheeting. Would there be any reason not to use plastic sheeting for (predominantly) woodworking use? Considered oil-tempered hardboard but this is incredibly difficult to find. Local supply is limited to puckboard, regular hardboard and masonite.
--
Monroe

Use Masonite or Hardboard. What most folks use. Cheaper, can replace anytime. Plastic board can brak easily if it is what I am thinking about. Hardboard would work OK. For that matter, ask some of these guys if OSB would work OK. If you are notr a master cabinet maker, I sus[pect it would. But not if you will DEMAND a smooth surface. Hardboard is gtreat and is not too expensive.