woodworking instruction in Dallas

I am looking for a better way to learn woodworking besides books and trial and error. I have taken classes at the local woodcraft, but they are of limited value. I have set up a decent shop in my garage and would to prefer to receive instruction there with my own tools as opposed to someone elses. Maybe a retiree looking to supplement his income?
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news:6b5r41hqsigd88t2pgikgr973phqipcjrv@ 4ax.com:

http://www.turningaround.org /
Try talking to this fellow. I bet he knows someone.
Patriarch wrote:

I went through his site again... I was doing just fine till I read the following...
"Some mahogany balls for a contractor than didn't have any balls. The bottom picture shows the completed ball mounted with a screw chuck. The black ring is the gauge used to insure the roundness of the ball. The two hardest things in turning is getting a perfect sphere and a straight line."
Back to the shop...
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Hollis,
You might contact Steve Jenkins at Furniture Crafters in Dallas. He is coming up to Curly Woods on April 9th to teach a "Learn to Veneer" class for us. He mentioned that he has considered offering woodworking related classes in his shop in the near future.
Mike Mastin Curly Woods McKinney, TX http://www.curlywoods.com
Hi Mike, Thanks for the tip. I will give him a call.

Woodcraft in Addison has basic courses. The one in Ft. Worth has others. There are a great place to start.
Grant
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net wrote:

Check this site out. It's in Waco. Their skills are remarkable and the experience is quit pleasant. I can't say enough about them. :-)
http://www.homesteadheritage.com/woodworking/woodworking.html