Woodworking Adhesive Survey

Page 1 of 4
Take this survey, and you could win A $50 Gift Certificate for Rockler Woodworking.
As a team of graduate students at Franklin University, we are conducting a research project for a class. The project uses this survey to find out what woodworkers like you. This survey should require less than five minutes of your time. Your efforts will help the team meet the requirements of the class. In addition, your comments could help the manufacturer better meet your woodworking needs.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u –970501572
Add pictures here
βœ–
Wed, May 26, 2004, 11:03am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@email.franklin.edu (Franklin Univ Student) clams: Take this survey, and you could win A $50 Gift Certificate for Rockler Woodworking.
I'd only want to do it, If the gift certificate was for me.
As a team of graduate students at Franklin University, we are conducting a research project for a class.
Who's "we", what's the research project, in what class?
The project uses this survey to find out what woodworkers like you. Why are you interested in finding out what ones like me? What if some don't like me? Does that count too?
This survey should require less than five minutes of your time.
Sorry, this is sucking up the 5 minutes. Your efforts will help the team meet the requirements of the class.
See 2d comment.
In addition, your comments could help the manufacturer better meet your woodworking needs.
If the manufacturer wants to better meet my woodworking needs, I would like a jointer, wood is always welcome, but mostly I could really use a larger shop.
Of course the subject does say something about an adhesive survey. Hmm, wonder if you meant my comments could help the manufacturer better meet my adhesive needs? Nah, a college grad student, not writing, or expressing him/her self clearly, never happen.
JOAT "106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood
"Hit it." - Joliet Jake
Add pictures here
βœ–
Franklin Univ Student wrote:

I don't think any real woodworkers like me. ;-) I've bought many sheets of MDF, plywood, etc, but less than 20 bf of "real" wood... <g>
-- Mark
Add pictures here
βœ–

How about you pay me 50 bucks to fix your survey? It is one of the dumbest I've ever seen.
Question: Are you aware of our (named) product? Answer: No
Next Question: What do you think is a fair price for it? Answer: I can't answer. How the hell can I just a fair price if I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
May I suggest you ask for a refund of your tuition as you evidently have not learned much as Franklin U. Good old FU! All you need now is some common sense. Ed
Add pictures here
βœ–

And the ability to produce a web site that works with any browser...
It doesn't even work with *Exploder* on the Mac.
<jed_clampett>Piiiteefull....</jed_clampett>
Add pictures here
βœ–
Sorry that it does not work on your Mac. I work on a Mac exclusively, so I feel your pain. We used this service because it was easy to navigate. I did not have any issues. Are you running OSX? If I had know this I would have used a different srevice. Thanks for the criticism however negative.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thanks for your criticism. Since I am a student I can only take this as constructive, although I doubt that is how you meant it.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 26 May 2004 11:03:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@email.franklin.edu (Franklin Univ Student) wrote:
Most manufacturers are not interested in our need, but rather how to make more money for their CEO and Delta is the latest example.
Having say that, there is exception: Lee Valley a company that many of us trusted and respected here.

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@email.franklin.edu says...

.com site? And you're posting via something called LCI inc in Denver?
I smell SPAMMMM!
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Add pictures here
βœ–

They smell $$$$$$$$$$$
Add pictures here
βœ–
Let me first reassure you that I am, in fact, a graduate student at Franklin University, and this survey is, in fact, for a class I am taking in the graduate school program. (Marketing Research and Theory, 601)
I apologize for any confusion around this. It's important for me to tell you that, I, as all of us at Franklin, have the highest regard for woodworkers. It is for you that Franklin International works. The Masters program at Franklin University is aware of this research and supports it fully. Thank you.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Sad part is that this email did not originate from any educational institution. It came directly from Franklin International the makers of this HIPURFormer CRAP.
A few things can be learned from this.
1. The company has absolutely no integrity at all. To actually try to deceive people into thinking they were someone else. (I am sure it is illegal somewhere). Might be worth while to send an email off to snipped-for-privacy@franklin.edu and let them know of Franklin internationals fraud. (I already did and encourage you to as well).
2. Could you really believe any claim that this company makes about their products, after seeing this scam?
3. They must not be too bright over there at Franklin International as to think that people would believe this crap, or maybe they are just looking for these type of suckers to buy their products.
IF YOU REALLY hate to see this type of CRAP, I would suggest that we all go over to :
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
and give each of their products a review. :)~
Roger

Add pictures here
βœ–

God to know, I'll avoid their product as a result of their actions.
Add pictures here
βœ–

True enough. Following is excerpted from the headers:
From: snipped-for-privacy@email.franklin.edu (Franklin Univ Student) Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Subject: Woodworking Adhesive Survey Date: 26 May 2004 11:03:19 -0700
and...
nslookup 209.211.171.194 mail.franklininternational.com

Just FYI, Franklin International is the manufacturer of Titebond.
Lots of email addresses to send complaints to here: http://www.franklininternational.com/ContactPolyCO.htm
βœ–
Did not know that they made Titebond as well. Might be a change in my spending habits..... Kind of insulting to think that Franklin international would think so little of it's customers.
Roger.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Hopefully people can refer back to this pure crap, next time someone recommends Titebond here on the forum.
Heck if they are dumb enough to pull something like this, spew lies, etc; what does that tell you about their product?
Roger

Add pictures here
βœ–
Let me first reassure you that I am, in fact, a graduate student at Franklin University, and this survey is, in fact, for a class I am taking in the graduate school program. When the instructor for the course (Marketing Research and Theory, 601), handed out the assignment to prepare a survey, she recommended we do the survey on behalf of one of the companies for which the team members work to imitate a real-world situation. Because I am an employee at Franklin International, I suggested doing the survey on our HiPURformer product. The group agreed that this would be an interested project on which to do the survey. I worked on the survey on-line from home, I happened to posted the survey on the web from work. As you saw in the instructions, we were up front in indicating that the responses to the survey would be shared with the manufacturer of HiPURformer. (We didn't indicate who the manufacturer was only because we felt that would sway the results of the survey.)
I apologize for any confusion around this. It's important for me to tell you that, I, as all of us at Franklin, have the highest regard for woodworkers. It is for you that Franklin International works. The Masters program at Franklin University is aware of this research and supports it fully. Thank you.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@email.franklin.edu says...

And how many times are you going to repeat this? We all saw it the first time :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 28 May 2004 09:02:47 -0700, Larry Blanchard

Did you see the survey? I'd have guessed much younger (jr. high level?) and less-experienced researchers by the content and flow. [Best of luck to the FU'ers. They'll certainly need it.]
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry. http://diversify.com
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@email.franklin.edu (Franklin Univ Student) wrote:

Uh-huh. And I'm the King of Siam.
The relevant header on this one is the same as on the spam: NNTP-Posting-Host: 209.211.171.194
In other words, you're *still* posting from inside Franklin International's network.
[snip]

Yeah, right. Your regard for us is so high that you think none of us are able to see through this smoke screen.
βœ–