wooden fence

I have extended a wooden fence round my garden using timber from my neighbours garden (he had a brick wall built) The problem is that he had his wooden fence painted black and my fence is brown. I have asked several people what sort of paint I can use to turn the fence from black to brown but no one knows what paint would be suitable for this conversion. I used a power wash to clean the fence before painting it and have exposed several different colours of paint, some parts of the fence are painted in white gloss. Can anyone tell me what I can use as a base paint and a finishing brown paint? I am a pensioner and can't afford to spend a lot of money. Thanks for any advice.
hmmm...how about brown paint?? If money is as tight as you indicated, is the color of the fence affecting the quality of your life enough to spend the bucks? If the answer is "YES", then pop on down to the local hardware or paint store and pick up exterior paint to either exactly match the brown you have, or repaint the whole thing with any brown that suits your fancy. After several years, you'll need to repaint...
David
<<Scottie>> wrote:

Thanks David for your reply. I have been to several shops asking for advise. One shop told me that my only option was to paint the fence with a brown gloss paint at 27 a tin and I will need six tins, thats over 160 and I still have to buy an undercoat. I was hoping I could find a one-coat-paint that would save me some money?

Sounds like a job for some BOO-BOO paint. Most home centers have a rack full of mismatched colors that you can get at a huge discount. Home Depot has lots of selections usually. Buy what you need and mix them together in a 5 gallon bucket or two to get the right color.

Thanks Mark, I was thinking about that, but I cant think what two colours make up brown? Is it black and red? If I could get a Autumn-Redish-Brown that would be good.