Woodcraft Again

Well, they charged me quite a lot for freight, but I never did get any feedback from them. Last Friday I received an email saying they would ship on Monday. On Tuesday I received an email saying that I was going to be charged actual freight and asked if would I like to cancel the order. I said, "Yes. If the order has not shipped cancel the order." On Thursday I received a package from them with one (1) leaf. I ordered four (4). Today I checked my credit card information online and they finally changed the authorization/hold to a charge for the price of all four (4) units plus the exorbitant shipping charge. I called customer service who said, sorry can't help you. We can have somebody call you on Monday. I tried repeatedly to communicate prior to today, and never got a call back or a any real information about straightening it out. Everybody has problems, and makes mistakes, but its how often they have problems, and what they do about it that makes the difference. One order, multiple problems (from my perspective) and left hanging all week with little or no communication, and the little communication I received was inadequate or contradictory.

To the guy who said I would have to try them to know. Well, now I know.

To the folks who have local stores and say their counter people are helpful... good for you. Just know if there is problem with their online systems and shipping and order handling and customer service it might not go as well.

Monday I'll call my credit card company.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

This has drawn out so long I lost track of time. The emails regarding cancelling/shipping/etc were the previous week.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I think you are going over board.

Stock isn't in one massive building on everything. Likely they had one in stock and the other 3 in remote stock. e.g. a store or another building in another state. So the order was in to the other site and thus money spent. Canceling when you did likely didn't go through since the three were on the way from a remote site.

Mart> Well, they charged me quite a lot for freight, but I never did get any

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

The original order was placed on 11/20/14. Even bearing in mind the intervening holiday shipping from anywhere in the country should have been here by now. Even if shipped by FedEx ground which is the slowest of the common carrier services. If they decided to ship it LTL then who knows if or when it will ever arrive. The one unit that did arrive was shipped UPS ground. The lack of communication however is unsatisfactory. My big gripe though is that their website said ZERO (0) for freight. I was charged $125 for freight. If their website had said $125 for freight when I checked out I would have just taken that into account verses Rockler, Amazon, or Ebay vendor totals after freight and consider it accordingly.

Monday I call my credit card company. If they call me with a resolution before I get around to calling the CC then good for them, but based on the lack of communication so far I am not going to hold my breath.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I haven't followed this entirely. Whenever I buy online I pay the total for everything at checkout. Did they leave the freight charges off because they didn't know where the items would be shipping from?

It seems that they don't have their logistics sorted out well.

Whenever there's no price I always ask. And then I remind myself that if I have to ask I can't afford it.

Best of luck. We've all BTDT with purchases turning sour.

Reply to
Electric Comet

Martin Eastburn wrote in news:TXugw.226231$Wc4.124624 @fx17.iad:

Huh?

That in no way excuses charging $125 for freight after telling him that shipping was free, or shipping one when he ordered four.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Presuming the shipping was a quote and not an incomplete order of shipping added but not estimated (and I've no doubt Bob at least _thought_ it was a firm quote) I'll agree on the shipping.

Partial shipping of in stock is pretty common with other backordered or shipped from alternate sites but that, too, _should_ be make apparent up front.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems; I'm actually surprised as what dealings I've had w/ Woodcraft previously have been satisfactory. I'm sorry I apparently gave a recommendation to what isn't as good as thought; I'll refrain from doing so for them until have further direct evidence from now on...

The lack of communication is, indeed, most surprisng aspect to me as that part when I have contacted them previously was always prompt, at least.

Reply to
dpb

IIRC, the website offered free shipping for everything over some amount at that time. I checked the website when Bob first asked about it. I suspect someone forgot to include the disclaimer for heavy stuff.

Bob, forget the phone. Send a letter (proof of delivery) addressed to the president of the company explaining the problem. That usually gets results from almost any company.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Bob, The problem might be that several years ago Woodcraft began featuring some products that ship directly from the manufacturer and not the Woodcraft warehouses.

Reply to
GeneT

Yep, (as I said in other post), they don't have their logisitics sorted out properly. Logistics is what amazon works hard on.

but I can't wait to see amazon delivering lathes, bed extensions and and saw extensions via drones. /^:

Reply to
Electric Comet

Not perfected yet. I had a 24 hour delay for drone delivery of my bandsaw because the winds were gusting 45 mph. I can't put up with stuff like that.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Electric Comet wrote in news:m6296a$c0i$1 @dont-email.me:

Based on what I've seen my litle quadcopter do, I'd say drone delivery of a lathe definitely gives a new meaning to the term "head crash." :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Well, the ONE (1) unit out of FOUR (4) ordered and charged to my credit card arrived from Woodcraft with a Woodcraft address. Maybe the just provided a label for somebody else, but that seems unlikely. By the way, they have now added a $150 per unit "Handling / Freight (per item)" to the listing for the item on their website. I have no idea if I will ever receive the other three (3) units from Woodcraft. I did finally receive a response from them today though. All it said was we regularly charge $150 freight for that item, and we will take you off our SPAM list. Please give it a couple days to take affect. Nothing about making the balance charged right or shipping the other three units. They did say if I call and give them my credit card number again they will credit me the $11 for ordering two units. ROFL.

I did order a couple from somebody else, (Acme Tools Inc - Ebay) so I can atleast move forward on my project. Price for two (2) including shipping was $196.00. Tracking was provided the day it was ordered. Tracking shows it was picked up the next day. I highly doubt I'll buy from Woodcraft again. Certainly the odds of an on-line purchase from me are slim.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

No worries dpb. Everybody has problems sometimes. The problem is this order seems to have been fraught with multiple problems. None of them have been dealt with well.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Well, I'll put off calling my credit card company until tomorrow. I finally received a message from Woodcraft that appeared to address the actual issues. If the issues do actually get resolved I'll let you guys know.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

[...]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05 * Origin: (1:249/999)

--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway

Reply to
Bob La Londe

No worries dpb. Everybody has problems sometimes. The problem is this order seems to have been fraught with multiple problems. None of them have been dealt with well.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05 * Origin: (1:249/999)

--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Well, I'll put off calling my credit card company until tomorrow. I finally received a message from Woodcraft that appeared to address the actual issues. If the issues do actually get resolved I'll let you guys know.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05 * Origin: (1:249/999)

--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Re: Woodcraft Again

Well, after much adieu, the rest of the pieces finally arrived today. They refunded the shipping and gave me a gift card for a future purchase. I think I'll give the gift card to a relative for Christmas. This was way too much time and effort to get this all straightened out in my opinion.

Reply to
Bob La Londe