Wood suppliers in Dallas/Ft Worth area??

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good wood supplier in the Dallas/ Ft Worth area. Hopefully on the east edge.

This is what I consider a good place:

  1. Looking for a place where I can browse through the lumber.
  2. Wide selection of hardwoods. Mahogany, Maple, Beech etc.
  3. Veneer plywoods.
  4. Decent prices.

I just moved here from So. Cal. where they had places like Reel Lumber in Anaheim, and Land Stanton Vance in City of Industry. I got spoiled.

I would appreciate your replys.

Thanks Gary

Reply to
Gary Kemper

Hi Gary: DFW is a pretty wide range of area, but if McKinney is within your scope, Curly Woods.com.They have a great selection of exotics as well.

Reply to
Bill Hall

Since I live on the far west side, I really don't know about places in Dallas. However, over here there is Hogan Hardwood (in Grand Prairie) and Barney Robinson lumber (on East Lancaster). The Fort Worth Plywood place is also nice. Hogan bought the old Frank Paxton place a few years ago. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Gary,

For rough hardwoods, I'd recommend Robinson Hardwoods off of Lancaster. What area of town are you in? They're only open during weekdays, something like 8-5.

Reply to
Michael White

There is Hardwood Lumber Company on Goodnight lane near Loop 12 and Northwest Highway, and Austin Hardwoods on Mathis near Luna and Royal.

Reply to
brian_j_roth

I moved away from Dallas last year but bought lumber from Wood World

13650 Ti Blvd Ste 101, Dallas, TX 75243 (972) 669-9130

What I liked about the place was that I could browse through the lumber and select what I liked. They carry plywoods also.

Marty

Reply to
Martin K

Curly Woods in McKinney. They have what I consider an excellent selection.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Follow up:

Thanks for all the replys so far.

I am actually in Tyler, but there is not a real good place that I have found around here.

I figured that around a big city the pickings would be better.

Thanks again, Gary

Reply to
Gary Kemper

Another thing about Wood World is they have wood like walnut, cherry, and Maple planed down to 1/4....

Reply to
brian_j_roth

Curly Woods in McKinney is great

Austin Hardwoods off 35E at Royal(?) is fabulous, but bring a flashlight and be prepared to hump lumber to find a good piece

Wood World at TI Blvd is good, easy to get to the wood, but the wood ain't real great if you like to go from the rough.

I personally use Curly Woods, the guys will cut a deal if there's a bunch of sap wood around the heart wood on a hunk of walnut, cherry, etc.

The dresser at

done from their wood as were the other items at the site.

Regards.

Tom

Reply to
Tom B