AC evaporator ices up in Dallas area.

De-iced three times so far today but it keeps freezing up after running a while. Filter and fins are clean. I can see the water running. The fan motor sounds good when running and cold air blows through the vents. Do I need Freon? Or something else?? Thanks in advance for your help. Dick in Ferris, TX

Reply to
Dick Keats

If you have plenty of air flow, usually the ice means low Freon (refrigerant).

Funny how low refrigerant causes the icing,but it will.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery