Wood is expensive

Page 3 of 3
You are both right. I have seen and used both "dumb" and "smart" remote terminals J T wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
J T wrote:

Actually if it's a typical WebTV box then it's a 64-bit RISC computer with a proprietary operating system in firmware. The CPU is fully capable of running Linux or other operating systems, the box can't because it's been deliberately crippled to prevent any other OS from being installed.
--John
βœ–
Fri, Jan 25, 2008, 12:49am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J. Clarke) doth sayeth: Actually if it's a typical WebTV box then it's a 64-bit RISC computer with a proprietary operating system in firmware. The CPU is fully capable of running Linux or other operating systems, the box can't because it's been deliberately crippled to prevent any other OS from being installed. Ah. Thank you. Didn't understand a bit of it. LOL
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:50:25 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

It's still a computer, it's just a particularly limited, single-purpose computer.
Blog Me! http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tue, Jan 22, 2008, 7:17am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (RayV) doth posteth: I'm hoping this picture is mislabled and they aren't selling this as Bird's Eye Maple: http://www.pompy.com/furniture/?categoryG&productA52 $2,420 for a blanket chest? Maybe tools aren't that expensive...
They can 'ask' any price they want, but how many do they actually sell, at that price?
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Sure doesn't look like Bird's Eye Maple to me. Dick

Add pictures here
βœ–
Dick Keats wrote:

It's not maple, but anyone that would pay over 2,000 bucks for it could probably be easily fooled.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
RayV wrote:

If you could touch some of their furniture, you'd think your tools were even less expensive.
Some of the stuff could be mistaken for Ikea. <G>
Add pictures here
βœ–
Of course wood is expensive. It doesn't grow on trees, you know.
Lee

βœ–
Sat, Jan 26, 2008, 9:31am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Hoosierpopi) On Jan 25, 1:26 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote: Initially, the term "computer" was a job title. <SNIP of the rest>
No I didn't, I didn't write any of that.