Wiring the Grizzly 1023SL Post removed

The contents of my post were deleted. Any idea why?
Matt
Matt wrote:

Maybe you hit delete? I can still see the original post.
Chris

Because Google is all screwed up!
Mark
Yes it does seem messed up. Now I can see my posts, but the replies arent showing up.
Matt
Yes it does seem messed up. Now I can see my posts, but the replies arent showing up.
Matt
Matt wrote:

Abandon Google. Use a real newsreader - such as Outlook Express.
"HeyBub" wrote in message

ROTFLMAO! ... not because I don't use OE myself, but because of the utmost respect and high esteem with which it is held in certain circles.
... of course I'm kidding. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Well, it is just as "real" as anything that uses port 119 instead of port 80. Nothing highly esteemed about that. It's just real.
--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.
Swingman wrote:

If you mean the Mac or Linux circles, I agree.
Then there are those afflicted with MDS (Microsoft Derangement Syndrome) who oppose anything done by Micros~1.
I don't know of anyone who complains over the newsreader features of OE (but of course I don't travel with crazy people).
Micros~1 itself holds OE in such esteem that it is included as the default newsreader in the up-scale MS Office series, including the latest, MS Office Enterprise 2007.
OE is free (as is Forte, but whether one should use something with a vaguely French-sounding name is another matter). The point is, Google is a web-based newsreader and all such have their own share of problems not found in software dedicated to the project.

When the only tool you have is a hammer, all of a sudden all your problems look like nails...
Joe
<...snipped...>

I believe that it is necessary to purchase a license for some version of MS Windows to get OE.

According to a post on another group, Forte has abandoned Free Agent apparently. It is no longer listed on their website. I personally run Agent 1.93 for text groups (upgraded since version 0.99c) and 4.2 for binaries. These are pay versions and worth the money. My original version was upgraded free from 1994 through 2004.
One free newsreader is Xnews. Price is right and is yEnc capable. No personal experience with it, but a lot of folks in some of the other groups seem to like it.
My $0.02
Regards,
Roy
HeyBub wrote:
> Abandon Google. Use a real newsreader - such as Outlook Express.
You are sick.
Lew
I read from Outlook Express and your original post and some responses are still visible.
RonB