Will Self

Just discovered that my "Cuzzin" Will Self was hit by a truck while walking to work last week. He's in intensive care, seems likely to survive, but according to his wife, Margaret, it is way too early to tell what damage was done and what the rehab will be like, or how long it will take. Right on the eve of his retirement--this was to be his last semester teaching math at the University in Billings.
Don't know if Will's truly my cousin or not, though it's possible. I've got some family where he was born, in Oklahoma. But we met here, on rec.woodworking, and got along extremely well, largely because he's a great guy.
Just asking for thoughts and prayers sent in Will's direction.
Charlie Self

done. j4

Amen Nahmie

Starting now and will keep 'em going!
Let him we are all pullin for him..

walking to

according
and
his
University in

got
great
He'll be fine. Got our prayers. Al in WA
Charlie Self wrote:

Good grief! What kind of truck?

Consider it done.
You got it.
djb
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

Most assuredly.
Will do . Seems like your family has been having a rough time over the last year or so hasn't it?
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:16:32 GMT, Mark & Juanita

Lawrence Ramsey responds:

At times. Will and I aren't sure we're really family, though given locations and last names it seems strongly possible. Wouldn't have wished this kind of family luck on him.
Charlie Self
"Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle." Bob Hope
"Charlie Self" wrote ...

Will do.
--
Howard

On 24 Oct 2003 14:13:29 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

Done deal, anything for my imaginary friends! :)
Traves W. Coppock <newsgroups-AT-farmvalleywoodworks-DOT-com> wrote in message (Charlie Self)

Quick note from Will's wife, Margaret: "Will is improving rapidly. His condition has been upgraded from critical to serious. He is still on the ventilator, but will be weaned off of that next week. He is basically breathing entirely on his own. He is conscious for longer periods of time, seems alert & can recognize people & respond. Since he can't talk because of the ventilator, communication is difficult, but he will close his eyes to mean "yes." Yesterday we got him to interlace his fingers and to raise one eyebrow. He seems to have a fair understanding of what happened to him."
Generally good news. Keep hoping and praying.
Charlie Self
Most glad to hear it!! Keep us posted.
On 26 Oct 2003 23:44:17 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Charles Self) wrote:

Maybe someone stateside could make him a wooden tag with the trucks registration on it, that way when he asks "did anyone get the number of that truck..." you can give it to him as a lasting memento.
Please pass my best wishes to him.
Greg

walking to

Musta been a Ford, They don't build them too tough. Not like say a Chevy!!!