Will Self

Just discovered that my "Cuzzin" Will Self was hit by a truck while walking to work last week. He's in intensive care, seems likely to survive, but according to his wife, Margaret, it is way too early to tell what damage was done and what the rehab will be like, or how long it will take. Right on the eve of his retirement--this was to be his last semester teaching math at the University in Billings.

Don't know if Will's truly my cousin or not, though it's possible. I've got some family where he was born, in Oklahoma. But we met here, on rec.woodworking, and got along extremely well, largely because he's a great guy.

Just asking for thoughts and prayers sent in Will's direction.

Charlie Self

Reply to
Charlie Self

done. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Starting now and will keep 'em going!

Reply to
mttt

Let him we are all pullin for him..

Reply to
Leon

He'll be fine. Got our prayers. Al in WA

Reply to
Al in WA

Amen Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Good grief! What kind of truck?

Consider it done.

Reply to
Silvan

You got it.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Most assuredly.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Will do.

Reply to
Howard Ruttan

Will do . Seems like your family has been having a rough time over the last year or so hasn't it?

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Lawrence Ramsey responds:

At times. Will and I aren't sure we're really family, though given locations and last names it seems strongly possible. Wouldn't have wished this kind of family luck on him.

Charlie Self

"Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle." Bob Hope

Reply to
Charlie Self

On 24 Oct 2003 14:13:29 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

Done deal, anything for my imaginary friends! :)

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Quick note from Will's wife, Margaret: "Will is improving rapidly. His condition has been upgraded from critical to serious. He is still on the ventilator, but will be weaned off of that next week. He is basically breathing entirely on his own. He is conscious for longer periods of time, seems alert & can recognize people & respond. Since he can't talk because of the ventilator, communication is difficult, but he will close his eyes to mean "yes." Yesterday we got him to interlace his fingers and to raise one eyebrow. He seems to have a fair understanding of what happened to him."

Generally good news. Keep hoping and praying.

Charlie Self

Reply to
Charles Self

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Maybe someone stateside could make him a wooden tag with the trucks registration on it, that way when he asks "did anyone get the number of that truck..." you can give it to him as a lasting memento.

Please pass my best wishes to him.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy