Why, oh why???

Page 1 of 2  

Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one of the reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is hell.People do die in them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If you are against the war. then go to the appropriate group and vent there. The only way your posts apply to woodworking would be the caskets used later on. If so, that's morbid. I've tried the kill file and message blocker but they keep getting around it somehow. Let's get this group back to its topic. My2cents worth.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Amen!
Brent Beal wrote:

--
Joseph Connors
The New Golden Rule:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

You won't. That's because the jerks who do it don't do it for altruistic reasons. They just like being jerks. Moderating is no good either. I've quit other moderated groups because the moderator was the biggest jerk of the lot. Welcome to the internet.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:30:26 -0500, Guess who

That's exactly right. I am more sick of the people who bitch and whine about things being off-topic (while being off-topic themselves) than I am of the spammers. I can filter out the spam. I can just ignore it. What gets me are these clueless retards who think everyone else has to cater to their whims because they're too dim to set up the filters on their newsreaders.
If you don't like it, don't read it. Ignore it. Learn to filter it. Don't download off-topic threads. Just shut the hell up about it!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Then you should understand the basics of Usenet. There is no control, it's free speech at it's finest. That means that you have to take the good with the bad. Nobody can tell you what to say and what not to say, but by the same token, you can't stop anyone else.
You're the one who has to control what you choose to see, nobody else is going to do it for you.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
If no one replied to them, they would soon disappear. Unfortunately, some people are so irritated by the posts( me too ) that they feel compelled to respond. What happens then is the post I've filtered doesn't show up but the reply marked RE:...... does show up, usually quoted.
Just keep setting filters and do not respond - this too shall pass as does all this type of crap. Of course, there will be new crap to replace it - but - that's the 'net folks!
Just MNSHO,
Vic

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Wed, Jan 18, 2006, 4:44pm snipped-for-privacy@charter.net (BrentBeal) doth burble: Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle east? <snip> Let's get this group back to its topic.
You coulda sait it's OT.
If you're talking about the posts by the sad, dorky, troll - it's because he/she is a sad dorky troll. He/she just enjoys putting it in everyon's face, and sitting back in concealment, feeling superior. My personal feelings are that he/she is showing immense dissrespect to all parties concerned. That's what trolls do. I'm thinking this one is a teenager. Can't have any real friends, possibly just some other trolls, which is the same as saying no friends. He/she does it only because they can get away with it, never say anything like that to your face. Typical trol behaviour. Can't be interesting, or entertaining, so are nasty.
JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Thu, Jan 19, 2006, 3:11pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@puterr.com (2001.9.11.9.45) doth burble a bunch of crap I totally snipped: <SNIPPED IT ALL>
Oh, come on Little Buttercup. Attack you? How weak can you be? Get real. You "know" I've never seen that e-mail address before. That is so weak it'd have to get healthy before it could even be pathetic. It'd be nice if at least one of you dull little trolls could be at least a little interesting or amusing - I know it's too much to hope any of you could be original in any way.
JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Amuse you? What got tired of wacking off you dog?
See you have nothing better to do the puppy dawg me.... you must really have one hell of a loser life with nothing much better to do.
My heart bleeds for you!
(2001.9.11.9.45) doth

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (2001.9.11.9.45) doth

And I thought Tahmie was leaving. I guess he gets off using 'naughty words'. Probably a good carpenter though. Hank
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
not much going on eh?
(2001.9.11.9.45) doth

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Because you're not using the proper filtering software. I haven't seen any of those posts for weeks.
Filtering has been discussed in great depth on this newsgroup. Search the Google archives for mentions of "Nfilter", paying particular attention to posts from Robert Bonomi and myself. I think Robert still has the program available on his website, or you can download a copy of it from me at http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe as a self-extracting zip file.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller (alphageek-at-milmac-dot-com)
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Review these threads in particular the last one. May shed some light on the source or atleast provocation for the troll who appeared not so long after. BTW bye bye Tom
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_frm/thread/739194c567fe45ee/43d343648daf273b?q=watson&rnum #43d343648daf273b
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_frm/thread/b9ac602cb229f4ab/8d516c1e14ef36fc?q=watson&rnum #8d516c1e14ef36fc
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_frm/thread/2754c4015628bace/73a969f683d8193b?q=watson&rnum #73a969f683d8193b
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_frm/thread/437c322dbce9a40f/42ae9c6cace0367c?q=watson&rnum #42ae9c6cace0367c
Brent Beal wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:44:26 -0500, Brent Beal wrote:

I agree, more or less. The only way to solve this particular probel is to killfile the nutcase. I don't use Outhouse Excess but AFAIK, even it supports killfiles (or BoZo-Bins, depending on the terminology).
--
Keith


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I don't disagree in spirit about off-topic posts. However, that you are able to ignore the killing being done in our names, and the harm both to the Iraqis and to our own citizens (wait 'til you see how many veterans kill themselves after returning home) is proof that someone needs to shove it in your face constantly.
NOBODY should be able to ignore it. Whether you're in favor or against, you should have a VERY STRONG OPINION on all the carnage our government is carrying out while bankrupting our economy and destroying a generation.
Brent Beal wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Berger wrote:

I disagree, but it's certainly a fair request.

Damn, I knew there was a catch.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"destroying a generation" ... thats a little hyperbole isn't it! As far as the vets are concerned, virtually every returning vet I have seen interviewed seemed very positive about what was being done in Iraq. They say the people there are very grateful for our help. I do think there is a tremendous amount of "spinning" going on regarding the war. The thing I pay attention to is what are the vets saying, and they seem positive. Personally, after removing Saddam Hussein, I think we should have withdrawn. Mission accomplished.
Mike Berger wrote:

--
Joseph Connors
The New Golden Rule:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Joseph Connors wrote:

Oh goodness, you can't say that. Can't you see all the death and destruction? Can't you see that the country is going into the toilet over this? Can't you see that we've been lied to and this is all about corporate greed? C'mon man, get with the program!
Joe Barta
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
still one clueless fucknut!

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.