Why is a Frog on a plane called a Frog?

"" wrote in news:Qvu0g.45$J52.2 @fe06.lga:

Actually the animal's name is kikker (dutch) or Rana (latin), or ... whatever.

Reply to
Han

Because if you can get SWMBO to kiss it, it will transform into a L-N.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Lyagushka.

Reply to
George

If you don't have one, now is a good time to get a copy of the Websters 3rd International dictionary.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Oh hell, you should have made him work for it.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

We answered that!

The part on the tip of a bow is just the tip of the bow, the frog is the par that adjusts the tension.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

No body paints with a frog!

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I think you have that a bit messed up and some of the descriptions are bit unclear.

I believe a frog has noth> Also the wedge shape of a train rail switch, where one rail crosses another

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Probably explains it other uses as well.

Thanks to all who attempted to answer my question. TWS

Reply to
TWS

| "" wrote in | news:Qvu0g.45$J52.2 @fe06.lga: | || hmmmm .. .. .. || || WHY is a frog called a frog ?? ?? ?? || | | Actually the animal's name is kikker (dutch) or Rana (latin), or ... | whatever.

...Kroakenhopper ?

Morris Dovey

Because it tastes like chicken.

Reply to
Doug Payne

The Morris Dovey entity posted thusly:

Quebecois?

Reply to
Oleg Lego

| The Morris Dovey entity posted thusly: | || ...Kroakenhopper ? | | Quebecois?

Severely fractured German :-)

Morris Dovey

The Morris Dovey entity posted thusly:

No! Quebecois is another name for a frog.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

None of them look like a frog. Bet there's something else.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

They could have called them Newts. :o)

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

If it wasn't, no one would recognize it.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Seems I read somewhere it is called a frog because it is something which is lodged in the throat, i.e. "a frog in the throat". Probably a frog is just a lump of something, be it a wedge, a hoof, or a wad of snot.

Gary

Reply to
gary in virginia

Or, more likely, the croak emitting from someone's mouth was playfully attributed to an animal that croaks being lodged in the throat. Like a frog.

RicodJour

Kind of like arguing the results of a Rorshach test. The comparison characteristic just has to remind someone - it's not designed to resemble an animal.

RicodJour