Why hasn't 20062304277 been banned from posting?

Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

Reply to
Elmar

Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

Reply to
Elmar

Banned by who? This is an unmoderated group.

Feel free to block him at your end...that way you won't see his stuff.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

It's not that the posts are liberal that bothers me, it's that they're off-topic. If I wanted to discuss politics I'd be reading a different group. So I've killfiled him and never see his posts.

It's a stupid thing to do, anyway. It even irritates people like me who are liberal and can't stand George Bush.

Reply to
darkon

Just how do I killfile the vile creature? He changes his name every day or so. Can you imagine if he had been around during WWII?

Reply to
Toller

I also would like these post stopped but understand that this is a unmoderated group. How does one killfiled post from immature people. I am a liberal who would never call an immature person liberal or conservative. I think you proably mean garbage post.

Reply to
henry

No, there is no way to stop any text-only post to rec.woodworking that does not violate the terms of service set out by the poster's internet provider because rec.woodworking is not a moderated group.

Binary posts, however, will be dropped by most news hosts automatically.

Use a decent newsreader and learn to filter. If you insist on using Google Groups, though, you'll need to learn how to simply ignore posts and threads that offend your sensibilities.

Welcome to USEnet. Please adjust your reality.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

You will always see him, he keeps changing his name I have him killfiled , but he keeps coming back@!!!!

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

Just kill file him every day, its way less trouble than he goes through to change names.

Reply to
Leon

He comes back because of his OCD. He wants the rest of us to give a crap about his concerns. Until he gets medicated for his condition, expect his posts to continue.

Dave

Reply to
David

His OCD is also indicated by his obsession with excrement.

I'd imagine the torment that must be his life would land him fairly well down the levels of Dante's Inferno.

Well, as the saying goes, better him than me. ;)

RicodJour

Nope. Best you can do is to get a real news reader (instead of reading and posting via Google Groups), and install NewsProxy (aka NFilter) with the appropriate filter files. Do a Google Groups search on this newsgroup for "NewsProxy" and/or "NFilter" and you'll find all the information you need.

Reply to
Doug Miller

One uses a newsreader and news provider, and not Google Groups. If one uses Google Groups one sees everything.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I'm able to killfile him quite successfully with a single filter.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Obviously not based on the number.

RicodJour

Killfile [might be under Message / Filters]. Another option: Ignore thread. I list all incoming according to headers [rather than order by date.] Easy to spot one you don't want, select and delete all at once. That's *after* others have been entirely blocked with the killfilter. The problem is that in this newsgroup, once you get rid of the I'm a war-hero crap and what colour should I paint my workbench, or how can you safely cut a quarter inch cube using a radial arm saw, and here's a plan for a popsicle stick picture frame, there's not a whole lot left. It's a whole lot better though.

Reply to
Guess who

So who owns the rec? OOPS have I been here before?

Reply to
Connor Aston

Find out where he lives.

Reply to
Guess who

Do you know ... I'd think we will all really miss him when he goes. I bet you its really LEON?

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70

Connor Aston

Dave Balderstone wrote: I'm able to killfile him quite successfully with a single filter.

And I'm able to ignore it. Sure, I might read the replies the ignorami write. Tom

Reply to
tom