Why hasn't 20062304277 been banned from posting?

Could he be "Connor Aston"? Tom

Reply to
tom

On Mon 13 Mar 2006 02:55:15p, "Elmar" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I've never responded to any of the War Dead posts. I will now make the only one I ever will.

There's a war on. People I love are over there, and their days are often even more disrupted than mine are when I have to read or see a post or even maybe three or four, about my fallen countryfolk. There might even be a few innocent children maimed or killed about the same time this guy, for whatever reasons, inconveniences me.

I'm living with it. I'd kinda like the wars and killing to stop. Then maybe there wouldn't be any reminders of it on my favorite newsgroup. But until then, I can deal with it.

Reply to
Dan

This is my troll filter.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My troll filter is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My troll filter without me is useless. Without my troll filter, I am useless.

I must apply my troll filter true.

I must filter better than my enemy who is trying to irritate me.

I must filter him before he irritates me. I will...

My my troll and myself know that what counts in not the trolls we filter,

the threads we ignore, nor the OT we skip.

We know it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My troll filter is human, even as I, because it is my life.

Thus, I will learn it as a brother.

I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its Regx, and its wildcards.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.

I will keep my troll filter clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.

We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed.

My troll filter and myself are the defenders of my wreak.

We are the masters of our enemy.

We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until there is no trolls, but PEACE.

Reply to
Richard Clements

I roomed with a Marine for six years before I got married...again. This guy seems more like a 13 year old with a bootleg copy of Jarhead.

Reply to
Joe Tylicki

When did caring about human lives become a liberal only cause?

I find his posts way less offensive that most OT posts. It makes me uncomfortable to read about another lost life...but it should.

Reply to
Frank Drackman

Probably a Marine-wanna-be like a Rent-a-Cop.

Reply to
Leon

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 00:03:33 +0000 (UTC), "Connor Aston" wrote:

In a previous post in this interminable set of threads with this troll, I recommended we name him "Fifi" instead of JT's "Buttercup" or Leon's "Stinky". The more I think about it, a better name would be "Puny". This seems more appropriate (and since he seems to insist on staying in the rec, we may as well name him -- he's a bad troll, but he does seem determined to remain the rec's troll. Since he insists on staying, it would be quite impersonal to treat him as only a number). Most trolls come into a newsgroup and generate a large outpouring of ire that remains high level for a while, then dwindles. When the ire and responses dwindle, the troll tries a few more casts, then moves on, knowing that it can no longer make a living in that particular newsgroup. This troll is different, it seems to be able to survive on the meager pickings of a few, occasional responses that die down rather quickly. Thus, it must be a rather poor troll, able to draw sustenance for its trollish behavior from the meager fare offered by the denizens of rec.ww in a few taunts and low-level responses to its trollish postings. To be able to survive on such small pickings, it must, by necessity be a rather small, pitiful, emaciated troll -- thus the appellation "Puny" just seems to fit.

It's kind of an interesting phenomenon, this troll has lasted longer than most. It is almost the equivalent of the village idiot of old. Most typically, the village idiot was the offspring of one of the town's couples. Most likely they were kindly folk who died and left the VI with nowhere to go, but who was then adopted by the townsfolk who would tolerate occasional silliness, but pretty much just provided sustenance to the VI, letting him live out his days by himself. Sometimes people would taunt or tease the village idiot, but this usually resulted in pangs of conscience for the tormentor, recognizing that they were really taking advantage of one unable to defend himself. The VI mostly took this kind of ribbing in stride and with good humor, thus making the guilt of the tormentor even more heavy on the tormentor. Our resident troll, however, is more like a belligerent village idiot, one who is too stupid to recognize his inability to survive on his own, but one who not only gets in the way,but goes out of his way to make himself a pain and bully the townsfolk. In the old days, such Village Idiots often found themselves run out of town on a rail at best, or floating facedown in the local river at worst after they had assaulted one too many, or the wrong, townsperson. Fortunately, we are more civilized and the only "killing" done is the addition of such trolls the the bowels of the kill filters. One of the other side-effects of such belligerent VI's was the fact that taunting such VI's was no longer out of the realm of civil behavior, but an activity that could be engaged in without pangs of conscience since the VI actually brought such ridcule upon himself and the occasionally well-placed jab served to remind the VI that he really wasn't the king of the realm. This seems to be the case with our resident village idiot, every once in a while, when he escapes the kill filters, or when new folks encounter him, folks take advantage of the opportunity for a few carthartic slams before once again assigning the troll to the kill files.

So, let's all raise our glasses to Puny, he ain't much of a troll, but he's the rec's troll.

Mark & Juanita

... snip

... snip of absolutely hilarious stuff

Richard,

*That* went into the keep file (after I cleaned off the tea from the monitor and keyboard).

Have you seen the "PowerPoint Ranger Creed"?

Thanks for posting that. [Still chuckling]

Mark & Juanita

Because his posts have less to do with caring about human lives than about providing aid and comfort to the insurgents and attempting to assure the failure of the mission of our men and women over there by taking away support for their effort over here.

If it were balanced by commentary on what is being accomplished (as reported by those coming back), then this would be a valid comment.

Mark & Juanita

Please guys Mr./Mrs. 20062304277 is being paid by a Democratic PAC . . . "He" is actually a room full of pimple faced morons, fat girls and assorted other losers who were unable to secure a job at Pizza Hut while going to school to get that precious degree in philosophy. He is just trying to earn a living. If he was really doing this because he cared about our troops, there would be some dialogue coming from him other than adolescent name calling . . . I lived in California for years and the paper was full of adds everyday for "Hired Protesters" . . . One day it was anti - abortion, the next day it was save the snail darter . . . And of those few who were not being paid it was funny that the loudest war protesters always seem to be people who have never served . . . So just treat his posting as you would a mailer from John Kerry . . . Put a few drops of oil on it and use it to lube the shredder . . . . But let him continue to earn his living . . . He probably gets a few pennies for every post in an active newsgroup . . . you never know, maybe with thousands like him it may create a ground swell affect and indirectly put pressure on the administration to withdraw from that useless shit hole they call a country . . .You know the republicans have there own little WEB monkeys on here everyday post fake "HERO" stories . . . and feel good crap about the good they are doing for the people in Iraq . . . . You know like building churches, schools and play grounds like our PROPERTY TAXES do here . . .

Reply to
Steve DeMars

Obviously, I'm not going to describe it here.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I can't understand what is liberal about his posts? Or do you label things you don't like as 'liberal?'

Reply to
dnoyeB

The most sickening thing about these posts is that the Iraqi dead aren't even counted and none of you sub-human americans even care about the suffering of the Iraqi people. Anyone who isn't from the USA doesn't give two hoots how many Americans get killed - if you invade other countries its no good crying when you get hurt.

Tim w

Reply to
Tim W

persay?! persay?!!!!

Thanks for the grin!

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Infinitely better than the pitiful life you have here in the wreck.

Reply to
Upscale

Fluffy owns *all* of USENET.

Do a google search for "fluffy usenet meow"

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Liberal was a poor choice . . . perhaps used wrongly today . . .

His post re: "the troops" I have no problem with . . . it's people that are too stupid to realize that a person driven hard enough by a "cause" would have answers beyond " f*ck you" "asswipe" etc . . he is being paid to make these post . . . .

Reply to
Steve DeMars

The word liberal does not appear in my post . . Ass wipe . .

Reply to
Steve DeMars

No pats to my back! Just kudos to you for workin' the language so well. What respect you must command! You are so clever! You offer so much! What an honor it is for us to bask in the glow of your intellect. You genius, you. And subtle, too.

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Uh, Mister DeMars, denoyeB wasn't referencing one of your posts. Tom

Reply to
tom