Have their been any posting from our remodeler friend Kate?

Has anyone seen any postings from Kate? She had a lot of questions, and got answers, and now seems to have disappeared.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I hope she didn't wall herself into a corner or something... :^/

Reply to
aemeijers

She was run off by all the drooling mouth breathers. Excuse me, I have to wipe my face.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You ever notice how kind the members of this group are to someone who has a female nick? If the nick was male, he would be attacked for asking so many stupid questions.

Reply to
willshak

Yea , so what's your point ?? Even though most of us regulars talk to each other as if we were on the jobsite , most still respect women...LOL...Besides SWMBO would smack me upside the head if she caught wind of me being rude to a woman...LOL...

Reply to
benick

Mebbe because the female posters seldom seem to cop an attitude? I'll go out of my way to help anyone who asks an honest question in a friendly manner- everyone has to start somewhere. The male posters usually try to bluff that they know most of it already, but only need help with one little thing.

And yeah, some of us enjoy the chance to be gallant. It comes up so seldom in real life.

Reply to
aemeijers

Hey, I had sympathy pains, swollen ankles and lower back pain for months. In the birthing room, my wife said, "Look what you did to me!"

I was even able to take paternity leave from the job.

Reply to
Oren

Oren wrote the following:

Yeah, a lot of jobs allow paternity leave now. Some guys do the same on paternity leave as they do on their regular days off, whatever that is. I know one that took a trip to Florida on paternity leave. His wife was giving birth in New York at the time. I never got paternity leave for all 4 of my kid's births. It was before the paternity leave was contracted. I got to see the births of my last two kids, but I had to take personal leave for it. My other two were born way before the fathers were allowed in the OR.

Reply to
willshak

My mother went through 10 pregnancies in 20 years then went out and got herself a PhD in psychology,... it didn't help.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Did she really? I thought that was only in comedy plays and movies.

Didn't she want a child too?

Reply to
mm

Gosh....you noticed? I didn't want to be the first to bring it up, but I was surprised that all the regulars with "attitude" were being so sweet and helpful. Probably all went out and got their hair cut, too. :o)

Reply to
norminn

And put pants on.

Reply to
mm

"willshak" wrote

Heheh actually I've never had a problem here. It's more in how one presents oneself in the group. Grin, only the real regulars will probably remember 'cshenk' isn't a guy.

I've certainly asked my share of dumb questions!

Reply to
cshenk

"benick" wrote

So would the HWMBO.... (grin). Gack. I just realized, there's probably a small percentage who were just nicely refraining from making 'alterative lifestyle' comments at me! LOL! Relax guys, female from day 1. Even got a cute little c-section scar to prove it and no, ain't posting no pics!

Reply to
cshenk

"Oren" wrote

I think that is a real positive that has happened and getting more common. Fact is, with the first one she's as clueless as you are generally and reality is if she had a c-section, she *needs* the help.

Reply to
cshenk

See: _Family and Medical Leave Act_

Overview

Covered employers must grant an eligible employee up to a total of 12 workweeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period for one or more of the following reasons:

  • for the birth and care of the newborn child of the employee; * for placement with the employee of a son or daughter for adoption or foster care; * to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition; or * to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.

From 1993.

wiki:

"The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA), was passed by the

103rd United States Congress and subsequently signed into law on 5 August 1993 by President Bill Clinton (Pub.L. 103-3; 29 U.S.C. sec. 2601; 29 CFR 825). The bill was among the first signed into law by President Clinton in his first term. The FMLA is a labor law requiring larger employers to provide employees job-protected unpaid leave due to a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform his or her job, or to care for a sick family member, or to care for a new child (including by birth, adoption or foster care). The FMLA is administered by the Employment Standards Administration's Wage and Hour Division within the U.S. Department of Labor.

Note the exceptions.

Reply to
Oren

Trust me it is real. She refused medications until the very last moment. I swear I've never seen such a look in my life, when she said it :) You'd think I had 3 heads on my shoulders when she looked at me.

The baby was 9 lb. 14 oz.

I didn't blame her at all.

Reply to
Oren

_Male Seahorse Giving Birth_

Oren

Sure we do. It's called "Childfree". Tubal ligation is easy, cheap, and I highly recommend it. It's about as uncomfortable as a monthly period, it costs about 20% of a labor/delivery (cost me $1200, 25 years ago, uninsured), and you only have to do it once. Hell, it wasn't painless, but I'd do it once a year if I had to, if it meant I wouldn't have to worry about breeding.

Don't quote me! Carol posted the above, so don't attribute it to me, please. Or snip a little better ...

Reply to
Oren