Who's Funny?

Page 2 of 3
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Squirrel muzzles ... which you dig out of sandy creek beds.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04
Tom Watson wrote in message:

Not mortally pissed, just heartsick with hurt. But I figure it's on account of I hain't been here to get up anybody's nose lately. Hey, I've been left off better lists than this one - which reminds me, I need to write another letter to those bastards who hand out the MacArthur grants.
Ordinarily I wouldn't beg for attention like this, but:

... and O'Deen thinks *I'm* funny.
Scott, temporarily posting from Google, so most of you will never even see this 'cause you've filtered it thinking it's some twisted new incarnation of the Poopy Wizzard.
Hey Tom, Scott Cramer, he's funnierthanhell, if he'd get off his dead ass and post some more, otherwise, he's OUT!!
UA100
Actually, Keef used to be funny...

Hee hee. Now that's funny.
I always tried to catch Bitchslap Bob ("one o or two, Bob?") Z's posts. He rarely failed to entertain, usually at the expense of some totally clueless pantload.
And Bennett Leeds with his psychotic-episode disclaimers was often funny, but only when it was unintentional.
OBWW: It's too damn cold here to do woodworking.
--
Jeff Thunder
The From: header above is wrong on porpoise

"Jeff Thunder" < snipped-for-privacy@luthien.comcast.net> wrote in message

I'm glad I didn't make anybody's list. Although, 'twould be in good company.
Hafta agree with the Bo(o)b Z. analysis. Truly entertaining responses. Wasn't it him that came up with (or first posted) the "generic flame fill-in form" for those of us with little time to generate a proper response?
Jon E - frozen and white in Vermont
Jon Endres, PE >

BitchSlapBobZ (tm UA100 by the way) has taken refuge over on the August Home wooddorking forums.
UA100
snipped-for-privacy@luthien.comcast.net (Jeff Thunder) wrote in message writes:

Bitchslap Bobo?
-Phil Crow

DAGS.
UA100

Well, I guess I'm definitely not on the "Who's Funny" list. My whole deal is that I think I'm freaking hilarious. I mean, Bitchslap Bobo? That's a side-splitter if I ever heard one!
Or perhaps you missed the subtlety of my humor. The second, (seemingly) innocuous O is the punch line. Ah, well. I'll try again later.
-Phil Crow
Phil Crow

I'm afraid I did. In the vernacular of BitchSlapBobZ (tmUA100), "Looks up, sees nothing".
UA100
David F. Eisan wrote:

You know, you're right.
And here I'd actually forgotten all about that.
'Preciate it David.
UA100, who is wondering when Bay Area Dave will take the bait from Gurglin' Jules...
ahem, as George said, "not gonna do it!"
dave
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Well, in our virtual carnival, one of my favourites is Buddy Matlosz - some of his one liners have caused havoc with my ribs and monitors.
Others have been mentioned time and again in this and the other thread. However, for consistent, subtle and, sometimes, not so subtle, humour, Keeter wins. He is the organ grinder here, he even has a performing monkey (or is that a minkey?).
There are any number of individuals that have posted 'classics' over the years, and a great pastime of mine is dumpster diving in Google to retrieve some of the 'great moments' in the Wreck's history (the 'hairy post of Tom Gauldin is a case in point). Google is the house of mirrors, where you can see the distortion in your earlier posts with the perspective of latter day knowledge.
I think the regulars are characterised as vendors, with a proprietorial sense of humour, and often laconic barbs are shot at the frequent target ducks that cross their sights. Every now and again, you get a *bad* duck that won't lie down, but hey, that's just part of the sideshow folks.
We get 'lurkers' peeking into the tent all the time, occasionally shouting out a post or two, then slinking away again. Trolls appear like rainclouds, dampening things down for a while, making people bring out their umbrella filters or just waiting for it to clear - which it always does.
The webtv crowd are the stilt walkers, moving awkwardly through our midst. The main crowd pleaser to date is JOAT (aka Mr T.). The rest seem to stumble a lot, making others uncomfortable.
Occasionally an elephant man will appear, shocking everyone with his appearance but a morbid attraction is there nonetheless. Once in a while there are the drunks (MITD et al) who get mean spirited and demand their share of attention
But with any carnival or newsgroup, it's hard to say a single component makes it 'great'. It's the overall atmosphere I like, you can participate - or not - but it's always entertaining.
You want funny? Somebody re-post the origin of Jummywood. Then find the archives of when we all got the opportunity to vote on our favorite American wood and several wrote to the Arbor Association to nominate Jummywood. There must have been a dozen newbies here who were wondering whatinthehell was jummywood, where they could buy it, and what did it look like. I know that all sounds very self-serving, but I can remember those people asking the questions and it was great fun.
Ah - the good old days - when Sheppy was here, Phully was very visible, and Larry began working on his first bowsaw project - uh wait a minute - that was his only project! ROTFLMAO
Jummy Noting and remembering Paul Rad - ;-(

brought forth from the murky depths:

ACK, self-serving. ;)

How quickly they forget. <fur=UP> I showed you pics of at least 5 of my projects, Jums. You saw my purkleheartless spokeshave, my jummywood shave bench, my all-too-famous unfinished teak bow saur, Dina's new clothes, the phully- wood storage racks, the detail trim on the house, and the assembly table/clamp rack. You didn't see the manzanita guitar string winder, though. <fur=down>
I'll be making a Q&D clamp rack and a lathe cart soon, too. Gotta get these tools off shelves/floors and into the work area so I can make more sawdust and start carving.
I'm redoing the kitchen and these paint fumes are killing me. The final shipment of LVT knobs is on the way, due 2/3. I simply HAD to hide that stained wood someone had left in the house in the form of cabinets.
---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e) http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development ======================================================
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:13:03 GMT, Larry Jaques

The Cabal has requested that you not finish the vaporware bowsaw, as this would be the ruination of what has become a Wreck legend.
Instead, it has been suggested that it be hung "en dishabille" in a place of honor at the Cabal Headquarters.
"...and we thank you fer yer support."
there is no cabal.
brought forth from the murky depths:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, how can "vaporware" be hung?

Megadittoes, dude.