Who's Funny?

Page 1 of 3
Yeah, this was originally posted under some other boring header but I decided to re-package it under this one.
I think there's a mess o' funny guys on da Wreck and I'd like ta see some discussion about those that I forgot.
I'm not sure if this re-posting breaks any Usenet rules, 'cause I ain't read them since about 1985, but I live in the fervid expectation that somebody will kick my ass about it anyways.
(watson - who remembers when Usenet wasn't UseLess.)
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:13:23 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Mark:
There's a mess o' folks who are funny on dis here Wreck.
Charlie Self has the driest and most economical wit and he always makes me laugh. Sometime you don't even know it's funny for a day or two.
Keeter's stuff is more involved but still comes from a personality that is full of the ability to see the absurd in life and in the Wreck, mixed with an analytical intelligence that make the funny ring true.
I miss old Walt the most, he was the guy who could really get me belly-laughing - but I think he only writes for money these days.
O'Deen has a fierce intelligence that he moderates with tremendous wit and any thing that you can read of his is informed by both.
Watch out for that Jeffrey Thunder - he of the all too occasional posting - he's a funny MF.
BAD can be funny both intentionally and not.
C-less has some funny things to say but he picks on me too much, so I'm leaving him out.
I don't know where dat PineyWood sumbitch got to but Jummy is a bright spot in the humor column.
Phil Laird has taken to hanging on the binaries but he used to be a reliable laugh - it was the patois - mostly.
I don't know what happened to Pat Leach.
Any Bennett that you can grab is funny, but mostly if you can get them arguing with each other.
Nahmie chimes in with a barb now and then - that can be priceless.
When Baglio isn't taking life too seriously, he's a funny man, and he says some smart stuff, too.
Mike Hide isn't that funny but he is prolly the best wooddorker on the Wreck. The man is a genius with his hands. He's just not funny because he's British. (maybe he's only English - I think you have to be rich to be British).
Rick Chamberlain is funny. He doesn't post nearly enough.
Bob Schmall is flat out funny but he can't play golf worth a damn.
Pagona has always been and always will be funny.
Tommy Plamann is not funny but he doesn't need to be.
charlieb is a sly dog and gets his licks in.
CW is funnier than he realizes.
T, Theo, JOAT is and always will be funny - when he damned well pleases.
Well, I'm running out of gas. You know how these list things are. Somebody is going to be mortally pissed because they did not make the list that I just farted out of my head in two minutes.
Ah, well - that would make them not very funny. . .
But I'm open to equivocation.
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website: http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website: http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
@hotmail.com says...

Yep, Walt has a way with words, where would he be without Helga?

My son's think I'm pretty funny. The oldest (4) loves my Buzz Lightyear impressions. I'm a big hit with the two year old when I fake a sneeze. Keeps him giggling for minutes!
"Ah, ah, ah - choooooooo!" C'mon - is that pure gold, or whut?
When popping open the rec - I first scan subject lines for topics of interest. Then I go back and scan for authors.
I religously read: - Tom Watson- prima facie - Charlie Self - for the acerbic wit and to learn something - Unisaw A100 "?Keeter?" - to pick up tips on how to say more by saying less and how to fire a 5" shell across someone's bow without them realizing it until they feel the spray on their face - ?O'Deen? - as I hope to someday figure out what the heck a KlownHammer is
Usually reads include: - BAD- when I'm in the mood to "see" a febrile reaction amongst imbeciles - LRod - to get the lastest scoop on Nahm - JOAT (replies only) - to see what he zeroed in on that I missed.
And a half-dozen others that make an Honorable Mention list that I won't mention.
Seriously, some of you guys make this place more worthwhile that you'll ever know.
"T." wrote:

You better watch out. She might sue you for cracking her up. I've heard that some women don't like or find it painful to walk around with a cracked up.
BTW - Just where is a woman's up? Is it anywhere near her yet? Which brings up that question, where's a woman's yet? I just read a newspaper article about a woman who'd been shot. The report said the bullet was in her yet.
ARM - Just trying to stay on the green side. ;-)

like the old eddie money song.....
I've been trying to figure out for years where on a man is his mexican border.....
brought forth from the murky depths:

Bad monkey!

Isn't that punishable by law in Pennsyltucky?
---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e) http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development ======================================================
From now on, when one of youse puts the term, "Pennsyltucky," to pixels, it shall be accompanied by the approved trademark notation: (tmO). Violation of this notice will result in the perpetrator being added to the klownhammer.org fecal roster.
For the record, if you need to ask what a Klown Hammer is, then you wouldn't understand the answer anyways.
My list of funny people?
I don't think anyone has made me laugh harder than Walt Akers, unless it was perhaps Steve Webster with his corn notice to BAD, and then again ScottC kills me, as does Charlie Self, Watson - simply because he's crazy and has left me scratching my head and saying, "fuggin'-a I wish I'd written that," more often than anyone I can think of. I never know what the hell Keeter is going to do to someone, and so I have to be spew-aware. Steve Wallace - of "buy the best and only cry once," used to slay me when he'd play tard-ball with some rube.
Probably the best at being unintentionally funny was (f)Art. He was amazing.
Utilizing the Wayback machine, I knew not to have a mouthful of coffee when reading anything by Leach, D. Brewer Eddy, LEE Ward (who was funny just for the LEEbrary advice), Gary Ilmanen (Snick the Woodcarver), irascible Tom Perigrin, the list goes on. And then some guys get off one story or so and it sticks in your craw. Though not technically a funny-man, I recall Dan Shafner relating an onsite finishing disaster that literally had me crying, I was laughing so hard. If any of you think I'm funny or clever, forget it. I have way more admiration and get a lot more entertainment from the years of reading this group than any hijinks I've ever posted.
I still think the parenthetical explanations to Jeff (resident Yorkshireman, Luigi) are funny.
I think possibly the most consistent chuckles, chortles and guffaws, cane from years of watching Doug Stowe be nice to really stupid people. It was absolutely priceless. We dubbed him St. Doug. He never liked it much.
Hammuh/O'Deen
The Hammuh drives one in with:

Yes, well...my experience with Doug is that he's not a saint, but he has only one problem. He's a genuinely nice guy, something that is exceptionally rare these days (and probably always).
Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
O'D:

Ahhh, the halcyon daze of seeing fArt perched up on the bow of the turd barge Sears. His sphincter going pucker, un-pucker, pucker, un-pucker, pucker, un-pucker, pucker, un-pucker, pucker, un-pucker, pucker, un-pucker, pucker, un-pucker, pucker, un-pucker, pucker, un-pucker...
You'd a thought he was going to suck in the entire wreck.
sigh...
Now, if everyone would please doff their hats,
Paully Rad.
Keith Bohn
The Hammuh wrote:

When I saw that post I laughed so damned hard I thought I was going to piss myself.
--
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.

On 29 Jan 2004 17:06:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@klownhammer.org (The Hammuh) scribbled:

I'm glad you realize that (i.e that it's my world and that you should be grateful - I am a first-born Italian son, after all). But I do have you on my filters and your post was automatically downloaded this time. Ha!
Luigi Note the new email address. Please adjust your krillfiles (tmAD) accordingly Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Oh sure. Cabal. Illuminati Black Smoke/White Smoke. What really goes on in the Meat Department. Area 51. I feel like a 39" 3 year old tyring to sneak a peak at the ball game when the knot hole is 42" up.
Would it help if I mentioned Grandpa was 32nd degree?

if you were meant to know your Grandpa would have told you years ago...
On 29 Jan 2004 17:06:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@klownhammer.org (The Hammuh) brought forth from the murky depths:

Yessuh, massah. I's will!
---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e) http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development ======================================================
On 29 Jan 2004 17:06:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@klownhammer.org (The Hammuh) wrote:

Shit (sic), O'Deen, Charlie Self is from New York State (we make that distinction, so as not to diparage them with too close an association with NYC) and I'll bet his people were referring to "Them gottdamned Pennsyltuckians" for several generations before he was even born - and he's even older than me!
Ya see, when their drinking age was three years younger than ours, the children of Pennsyltucky would ride into the Southern Regions of NYS in search of blessed forgetfulness and easy wimmens.
That'd piss anybody off.
Tom Watson writes:

I didn't miss by much--born in Yonkers. But I recall my father talking of Pennyvanians only in a vehicular context--"Goddamned Pennsylvania cowbays," IIRC. He was from Kentucky, though, so that may have influenced his pronounciation.

Used to count the bodies littering the road. Kids not used to booze would really believe they could hit 100 and stay on the road in 35 mph curves. I saw a lot more of this up towards Ridgefield, CT when I lived in Katonah. No seat belts. No air bags. Usually a damned narrow road with no shoulders and lots of curves and no guardrails.
Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html

Ha Ha , I'm 71 and my dad used that expression when I was a little shaver. Long before algore invented the internet let alone the news group, rec.woodworking. :-) ...lew...
"Lewis Hartswick" wrote in message

Time travel, or it spread awfully damn fast:
http://tinyurl.com/3bc73
The slang has obviously been in use for a loooong time.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04

forth from the murky depths:

Several questions come up after reading that post: How do you train the squirrels to load them?
Or are you loading it with squirrels? Isn't that messy?
=========================================================== Help Save the Endangered Plumb Bobs From Becoming Extinct! http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ===========================================================