Who makes a nice portable miter saw stand?

Its for my new 10" Bosch slider and I need a stand for it. Must be light, portable, sturdy and with wheels so I could throw in the back of my truck, walk it (saw and stand combo) for half a block (sometimes couldn't find parking) and lug it to the second or third floor. Now I need a rest before plugging in the miter saw.

I bought the Ridgid version of the mobile mitre saw stand. I'm very pleased with it. I only use that saw (a Makita slider LS 1013) when I have some serious crown moulding to do.

Couldn't find an image earlier...but here it is ( NO idea if we're going to gag this guy's server)
http://www.hannawoodworks.com/MSUV.html
Here is a link to the system I have. Works very well for a traveling stand.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000224QZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Have a look at this review: http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/ozitomitresawstand.htm
Regards, Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Veritas Medium Shoulder Plane - Sherwood FM-150 Dust Extractor - Ryobi BT3100K Table Saw System - Senco 41XP Finish Nailer (Review Update) - "Orbiter" Drill Accessory - "Vertiacc" Vertical Drill Press Accessory ------------------------------------------------------------

That ozito mentioned in another post looks nice. I have this one http://www.tracrac.com/workstation/workstation.html (I actually have an older version) Its very solid, a good design, and well built. This newer one has more bells and whistlles than mine. One neat new feature is an additional trac to hook to the tailgate of your pickup, turning it into a saw stand. Neat.
I do not have wheels but they are an option, see http://www.tracrac.com/workstation/accessories.html
I purchased the Delta stand when I "needed" the Dewalt 12" compound miter saw. Wouldn't trade it in for anything else at this point. Got it for $218.00 Canadian.

Fred wrote:

Ever consider building the NYW version?
From what I remember, it was designed to address and solve a lot of the problems listed above.
Lew

We use this Delta model.
http://www.delta-tools.net/del50unmitsa.html
It's not exactly what I would call light weight but one guy can get it in the back of a pickup (with a 12" saw mounted on it) and the wheels are large enough to roll it up stairs.
Mike O.
I have had the Delta 50-155 for 3-4 years and love it. It is sturdy and especially handy if you haul your saw around from time to time. It breaks down into a two-wheel cart arrangement quickly that can be loaded into a pickup or a station wagon/SUV. Sets back up into working position in seconds. The wheels are large enough to allow easy pushing through a job site or uneven terrain. It has folding extensions on both ends that deploy and fold very easily.
I paid $250 but I believe it is now available for less.
RonB
Check out Menards. They have a Wilton brand saw stand for under a hundred dollars which they run on sale occasionally for about 89 bucks.

deploy