While we're on the subject of customer service . . .

I own a Dremel 400 Series XPR Rotary Tool and I was looking at getting their small router table accessory for it. Unfortunately, nobody in town carried it. One day I was in Sears, and they had a decent looking router table accessory available for their brand of rotary tools. I found a salesman and asked him if their brand was compatible with the Dremel brand, and he informed me that the Craftsman line was made by Dremel so it "should" be compatible.
Oh well, never trust a Sears salesman I guess. It didn't fit at all. I was quite frustrated and boxed the thing back up and was going to return it.
Before I returned it, however, I decided to contact Dremel customer service to find out where I could get one of their tables locally. I sent them an email through their website. I explained to them what had happened to me at Sears, and the email I got back was quite amazing. I also need to mention that I received a reply from them within 20 minutes.
The customer service rep told me that they did in fact make the rotary tools and accessories for Sears. She asked what type of knobs the table I purchased had, metal or plastic, and asked for my address so they could send me the proper adapter for the XPR free of charge. I unboxed the unit and determined the screw type, emailed the info back to her, and within 3 days I had a complete replacement part that attached the XPR to the router table.
Thank you Dremel for the wonderful customer service on a Sears branded product.
Wuudchuck http://wuudchuck.com - Free Woodworking Plans
So, the morale is "One can trust a SEARS employee?"

Actually, based on past dealings with Sears I doubt my customer service experience with them directly would have achieved the same results.
Gooey TARBALLS wrote:

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:05:21 GMT, Wuudchuck

I bought a "broken" Dremel in a garage sale for a buck and went to the Dremel web site. They had all the parts to make it factory fresh for a few bucks (brushes, coupler etc) They are certainly a class act.
I had a similiar experience dealing with the folks at Dremel when I bought one of their scroll saws on ebay. They sent me a switch and an owners manual at no charge. Replacing the switch fixed the problem as they suggested it would. They even paid for the postage.
Nice people, very helpful.
John E.